• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you trade Jo Adell for Noah Syndergaard?

Chuck

Trade Proposal  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Jo Adell for Noah Syndergaard?

• Yes
    • No

Jo Adell is the #11 rated prospect per Baseball America and could very well be in the top 5 before season end. 

So, would you trade our top prospect for the Met's young ace who is just 25 years old and is signed through the 2021 season. 

Straight-up? One for one? I think I would consider it, but hard to say without being privvy to medicals or knowing what else out there I could get with Adell.

Any sort of package? Hell no.

I'd actually rather Adell be involved in a deal for deGrom. Syndergaard's injury issues outweigh his age and control - I feel like deGrom at least may be more durable.

16 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Straight-up? One for one? I think I would consider it, but hard to say without being privvy to medicals or knowing what else out there I could get with Adell.

Any sort of package? Hell no.

I'd actually rather Adell be involved in a deal for deGrom. Syndergaard's injury issues outweigh his age and control - I feel like deGrom at least may be more durable.

I’m not trading Adell for a 30 year old pitcher.  A 25 year old, maybe. 

I mean straight up you pretty much have to. How often do 25 year old starters with ACE potential become available? Even with his injury history you pretty much have to do it.

But again, how often do 25 year old starters with ACE potential become available? I think they'd want Adell, Canning, and Marsh. Possibly Suarez on top. 

The pitching market is incredibly thin. Syndergaard would be the gem of that market by a landslide. The Mets would want 3 top 100 guys and understandably so.

That said, I would rather just offer Richards a team friendly contract and hope for the best. I know there are questions about the rotation going forward, especially regarding Ohtani, but ultimately I'd rather not chase a guy with major injury issues. 

IMO we're better off shoring up the pen and going big with the offense. Maybe buy low on Lance Lynn. Or go after Keuchel.

In a completely neutral setting, yes. But looking at team needs, our starting pitching has been pretty exceptional this year. Syndergaard would be a luxury. Whereas our offense has been absolute garbage for a couple months now and doesn't figure to improve any time soon. And then there's the injury history to consider. 

Adell is absolutely necessary for this team for a number of reasons. First, we need an upgrade over Calhoun or his replacement in a year or two. Second, if Trout leaves, we need a new starting CF. Third, I don't know if you guys have noticed, but Justin Upton is a terrible defender and makes the streakiest of hitters blush.

So for the Angels at this point in time, I'd go with no. But if we were the Yankees, Red Sox or Rockies, I'd say yes, you make that trade.

Other big variables I’d want to know, in no order.

1) intent to sign Richards to a 2-yr deal an rehab him for hopes of pitching in ‘20

2) how quick they’ll pull plug on Ohtani and having him undergo TJS when re-evaluated, if he doesn’t seem to be responding

3) how they value and project José Suarez and Griffin Canning

4) how confident they are about re-signing Trout

5) an overall idea on if Shoemaker and Meyer will be healthy enough to contribute next year 

I would not trade Adell for any pitcher.  Don’t care who it is. 

I’ve just gotten to that point with pitchers.  The risk for long term injury seems so probable that it just doesn’t make sense to trade an every day player.  Particularly one of Adells caliber.  And Snydergaard is a flame thrower.  Just red flags all over.  And I love the guy.  But like I said, not trading Adell for any pitcher. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Id love to add him, or anyone like him.

But adell sounds like the real deal. And a centerpiece. Perhaps a trout replacement if the time comes.

Position player wise, since the 2010s started, we have basically trout, trumbo, calhoun, conger, cron and bourjos(?) As the only starting position players weve brought up? Thats pretty pathetic.

Like tdawg said, id rather fix the pen and target a FA pitcher. Maybe adell flames out, but at some point we will have to fill our holes (holler) with in house, good players. Not stop gap old dudes.

Yes and I would throw in Canning and Thaiss and two other low tier types.

We are talking about three years of Thor at the top of our rotation. Combined with Ohtani, Skaggs, Heaney, and Barria, you have a strong rotation.

You would still have Suarez and Rodriguez, coming up.

In today's World Series, a team needs at least 1 shut down Ace. Angels don't have that now or on the farm. So either risk spending money or trade prospects. 

I've seen more top prospects burn out than 25 year old aces fizzle. I side with proven ML talent over potential talent. I'm not sold 1 for 1 would be enough though.