• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Moustakas

Moustakas  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Trade for Moose?

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Career

.251/.305/.430

Since May 1st

.223/.292/.412 

Valbuena as an Angel.  .201/.277/.395

Can people please stop pretending that a guy that's put up a career 98 OPS+ through age 29 is going to do anything but stay mediocre or get worse at age 30 and beyond...  And oh yeah -- chronic back problems that are starting to get worse.

I wanted him this winter, but i remember you pointing this out back then and I was actually pretty surprised. 

I do wonder if hes scuffling because of how bad a team that hes on...but we are in no position to gamble a multi year contract to find out.

Maybe next year ward is 3B and does well...maybe cozart rebounds, or fletcher is real, etc etc. 

But as much as id like to see us get some more power, honestly IMO, we need to find a leadoff hitter. I think thats by far been one of our biggest problems in recent years. Nobody on base, nobody running....except trout basically.

I have no clue where to find one. Were set at almost every position (with bad options at a lot of spots). Not sure if we can find a 2B to lead off...about the only spot I can think of. (LF is set, unless we go back in time and get ichiro for right, figgins at 3B). CF and SS are set, DH and 1B are set. Not sure if theres any C thst can lead off, etc

1 hour ago, Torridd said:

Not if Ward is the player he is in AAA.

Ward should be brought up and given regular playing time, but I don’t think that will happen until after the non-waiver deadline.  The only reason not to do it is if some value can be squeezed out of Valbuena.  I don’t think that will happen but the choice is bringing up a youngster or rolling the dice with Valbuena during a key stretch in the season, a decision point.  I think Eppler continues with the roster management we’ve seen for the next 10 days.  After that I’m hoping he is making decisions for next year unless things go very well indeed.  As I’ve said in other threads, 7-3 might result in a buy, 5-5 is sell, 6-4 would be a tough call. Don’t forget there’s a third of the season to be played.

11 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Nah they were right to pass. He got off to a hot start but has been pretty forgettable for much of the season. Last thing this team needs is more big money locked up to low OBP% guys like him

He's batting .223/.292/.412 since May fyi

I agree. Enough of these.

6 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Maybe next year ward is 3B and does well...maybe cozart rebounds, or fletcher is real, etc etc. 

But as much as id like to see us get some more power, honestly IMO, we need to find a leadoff hitter. I think thats by far been one of our biggest problems in recent years. Nobody on base, nobody running....except trout basically.

I have no clue where to find one. Were set at almost every position (with bad options at a lot of spots). Not sure if we can find a 2B to lead off...about the only spot I can think of. (LF is set, unless we go back in time and get ichiro for right, figgins at 3B). CF and SS are set, DH and 1B are set. Not sure if theres any C thst can lead off, etc

I am anxious to see what Ward will do. As for Cozart rebounding? He already rebounded prior to his injury, that is the problem. Agree on the lead off.

19 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I'd still like to think in an alternate universe, the Angels would have traded Jones, Marsh, Suarez, and one of Ward/Thaiss for Yelich, swapped Calhoun for Corbin or Happ and used the savings of not needing to sign Chris Young and not having Calhoun's salary to sign one of the cheaper relievers. 

Yelich and Simmons would have looked nice in front of Trout, and Corbin/Happ would have been huge additions to the rotation. Woulda hurt the farm a good bit though.