• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Moustakas

Moustakas  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Trade for Moose?

Never was a fan.  His D is better this year than last but still basically the same player we passed on when allegedly a 3/$45 mil offer was being floated.  He's cheap so, if we gave up the prospect equivalent of a bucket of balls, I guess why not but not really interested.

1 hour ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I've seen the idea of trading for Moose floated around here today.

I have my reasons for being against this.

I'd rather give Ward/Fletcher a chance. I don't see any reason to keep Ward in AAA. Get him up here and see how well he can hit ML pitching, before Eppler goes looking at FA infielders. Moustakas doesn't walk much, actually his stats look pretty much the same as Cron's this season and we all know how many felt about him.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

You definitely have to kick the tires on him now and get a feel for the asking price. He’s the player that makes the most sense imo. Especially since he’s a much needed LH bat.

Our upcoming home stand will be the determining factor on weather the team will be buyers or sellers. Houston and Seattle will be tough. 

Note: Tropeano and Shoemaker are on their way back and Ohtani is a slight possibility. 

One game at a time Baby! 

PS I’m also intrigued with Tyler Ward getting a shot at 3B. 

3 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

You definitely have to kick the tires on him now and get a feel for the asking price. He’s the player that makes the most sense imo. Especially since he’s a much needed LH bat.

Our upcoming home stand will be the determining factor on weather the team will be buyers or sellers. Houston and Seattle will be tough. 

Note: Tropeano and Shoemaker are on their way back and Ohtani is a slight possibility. 

One game at a time Baby! 

I agree on all points. Let’s run down a playoff spot. Go Halos!!!!!!

Career

.251/.305/.430

Since May 1st

.223/.292/.412 

Valbuena as an Angel.  .201/.277/.395

Can people please stop pretending that a guy that's put up a career 98 OPS+ through age 29 is going to do anything but stay mediocre or get worse at age 30 and beyond...  And oh yeah -- chronic back problems that are starting to get worse.

32 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Career

.251/.305/.430

Since May 1st

.223/.292/.412 

Valbuena as an Angel.  .201/.277/.395

Can people please stop pretending that a guy that's put up a career 98 OPS+ through age 29 is going to do anything but stay mediocre or get worse at age 30 and beyond...  And oh yeah -- chronic back problems that are starting to get worse.

Which makes Moustakas a affordable rental. I see Nobueno brining the team down. Getting Moustakas is a fresh face in the lineup. He’s been struggling lately which works in favor of the buyer. 

19 HRs 58 RBIs .772 OPS

Low risk High reward 

btw there’s ten games to play first ... chances are the Angels are sellers 

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

One game at a time Baby! 

Note: Tropeano and Shoemaker aren't very good.