• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Car Rental tips

I just do the Hertz Gold thing. Probably not the cheapest, but I was able to get a Range Rover last time for shits and giggles. Probably do some Google searches and see what sites pop up, there are a bunch now.

Here's a tip, make sure you comb the car before driving off so they don't hit you for some bullshit when you return it.

1 minute ago, Adam said:

Oh and when you pick up the car make sure you're wearing a Pirates hat so the F*ck behind the counter knows you're a badass. He won't try and rape you for additional insurances. 

I'm actually looking at a new one on my table I recently bought. 10+ years of badassery. 

If you haven't heard of the car rental company...be careful. Wife got hit with a ton of add-ons/hidden fees when renting through some no name company.

On a similar note, we used to do some big drives up the coast, rather than put the miles on our car we would rent from the Avis at SNA. killer weekend rates Thursday thru Monday, under $100. Probably can do something similar in other destinations where they don't have a huge lot or it's primarily business travelers.

Just need literally anything to drive for half a day in September while I'm down there.  Picking up and dropping off same day, don't need to impress anyone.  Just don't want to have to ask anyone to pick me up, and want to hit up a few places before I need to drop off the car.  I think the last time I rented a car was 5ish years ago and got something through Priceline out the door for $30.  I'll look into it based on suggestions.  Thanks peeps.

Coming in to LAX mid to late morning.  Gonna hit up a place I like to eat for lunch, stop in and see a few friends/family for an hour a piece in Whittier and Long Beach probably, maybe dinner with my daughter in the evening, then drop the car off at the Long Beach airport.  Daughter will take me where I'm staying for the night locally and then off for a roadtrip to Vegas for the weekend (opening weekend of NFL!!).

4 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

Coming in to LAX mid to late morning.  Gonna hit up a place I like to eat for lunch, stop in and see a few friends/family for an hour a piece in Whittier and Long Beach probably, maybe dinner with my daughter in the evening, then drop the car off at the Long Beach airport.  Daughter will take me where I'm staying for the night locally and then off for a roadtrip to Vegas for the weekend (opening weekend of NFL!!).

I picked up a rental at LAX and tried to drop it off in LB.  They tried to F*ck me in the ass with two dicks, with an extra surcharge.   Good luck

6 hours ago, yk9001 said:

I picked up a rental at LAX and tried to drop it off in LB.  They tried to F*ck me in the ass with two dicks, with an extra surcharge.   Good luck

Correct. Rental companies hate one way rentals since it screws with their inventory. You also get the crappiest car on the lot so it can be a different location's headache. I did that crap all the time when I managed an Enterprise branch.