• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The British Open

That was an interesting interview with Woods talking about how conditions could change his chances. He had to hit a low number today (went with his driver 6  times) to keep within a couple shots and then tomorrow hope the wind suppresses scoring.

He's not 25 year old Tiger and knows it. If it comes to shooting another 66 or lower he's probably not going to win. He needs the leaders to stay within range but there are a lot of holes left to play today and the separation is growing. 

A side note, the British courses always looks like a muni course on drought year water restrictions and a grounds crew that just doesn't give a shit about weeds. It looks like players are teeing off on dirt. Probably better looking in person but the only green seems to be the greens. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

A side note, the British courses always looks like a muni course on drought year water restrictions and a grounds crew that just doesn't give a shit about weeds. It looks like players are teeing off on dirt. Probably better looking in person but the only green seems to be the greens. 

True links golf. Hard to grow lush grass (or anything else for that matter) in windblown, salt sprayed, hard sand...as I'm finding out living on the beach here in Oregon. The famous Bandon Dunes courses just a couple miles from me were built there for just that reason...the conditions resemble Scotland right down to the gorse and wild fescue salt grass. The wind blows 20+ nearly every day. High rollers  come from all over the world to play these courses at $250 a pop-caddies required (another 100+tip) There are no carts allowed.

14 hours ago, Blarg said:

agreed all around. their cameramen are also pretty crappy, especially on balls in flight.

i get the history of this tournament, but i'm not a huge fan of the british open.