• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Dodgers are pushing the chips in. Will acquire Machado

So let's go ahead and acknowledge how this plays out for Angel fans.

Machado goes to the Dodgers.

In the offseason we will now see in every discussion how Machado got a taste of SoCal but is really an AL guy. . .

So the speculation that the Angels have a unique angle will be born and will live until he actually signs with someone.

1: I hope the Dodgers paid a massive price. 

2: I actually dont think that they’ll re sign him.  But if they do,  we can all look forward to hearing about how Machado is better then Trout for the next X number of years that the Angels have Trout. 

3: If they don’t win the World Series this year it’ll be hilarious. 

21 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Dodgers are a legit WS contender, so makes sense for them. Yusniel Diaz has good potential but they don't need him

Diaz is a decent hitter with great plate discipline,  but he has little power and speed. 

But yeah, his stock went up for smashing 2 HR during the Futures Game. 

20 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Diaz is a decent hitter with great plate discipline,  but he has little power and speed. 

But yeah, his stock went up for smashing 2 HR during the Futures Game. 

I really hope the Dodgers sent Verdugo, Diaz or Dustin Day.  To me it looks like it’s going to be Diaz, Forsythe and if I had to guess Day. 

Pretty decent haul for the Orioles if it turns out to be that.  Even better if it’s Verdugo or something, tho I doubt it.

Edited by UndertheHalo

This is a huge mistake for the Dodgers if they choose not to re-sign him.  Machado isn’t better than Seager and they seem to have plenty of offense.  Why would a team give up their number one prospect for 3 months of a great offensive horrible defensive short stop, when they have a great offense?   Use that prospect to go get DeGrom.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

This is a huge mistake for the Dodgers if they choose not to re-sign him.  Machado isn’t better than Seager and they seem to have plenty of offense.  Why would a team give up their number one prospect for 3 months of a great offensive horrible defensive short stop, when they have a great offense?   Use that prospect to go get DeGrom.

Because they do whatever the hell they want. They'll probably get Degrom too. Dick holes.

Just now, Stradling said:

It’s not going to be Verdugo or Ruiz tho I don’t think.  Speculation is this Diaz guy and another. There’s been smoke around Dustin Day like I said.  Seems likely that it will be him. 

It’s a significant trade, which speaks to the depth of the Dodgers farm. 

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s not going to be Verdugo or Ruiz tho I don’t think.  Speculation is this Diaz guy and another. There’s been smoke around Dustin Day like I said.  Seems likely that it will be him. 

It’s a significant trade, which speaks to the depth of the Dodgers farm. 

Sorry, I am not up to speed on their farm and I think I got Verdugo and Diaz mixed up (racist).

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

They are a better run franchise

They weren’t that long ago, but they definitely have been since McCourt left.  We’ll see what Epplers work ends up producing.  It’s always been that Angels fans needed to be patient with this.  The organization was an absolute mess when Dipoto left.  It’s only been a couple of years. 

The thing that’s tough is that even with the horrific state of the organization they continued to attempt to stay competitive.  This has resulted in extremely frustrating mediocrity for all of us.  Honestly, just falling out of it and getting a higher draft pick would probably be the best thing for the Angels.  But with so many AL teams tanking, at this point it may even be to late for that this season. We just have to hope for some magic and hope that our better prospects come up quickly.  Also, that Arte spends money. 

Edited by UndertheHalo