• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

All Star Break Poll - Should the DH be in both leagues

m0nkey

Should the DH be in both leagues?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should the DH be in both leagues?

• Yes
    • No

Daniel Bryan can answer that for me.

Yes!  Yes!  Yes!

The Bumgarners can still benefit, getting some DH games in too.  

Think about this.    Who, other than the NL, still has pitchers hit?    Colleges don't, minors don't, and I believe that even high schools don't. 

Time to make it uniform!

I think the pitcher should be the one player on the field you can pinch hit for without removing from the game. It would still be a tactical decision for the manager because he'd have to decide whether to burn one of his bench players each time the pitcher's spot came up. It would allow NL starters to stay in the game longer, and instead of carrying a 7th or 8th reliever, teams would be more likely to carry an extra veteran pinch hitter, or two.

Back in the day, pitchers were the best athletes on the team, much like high school.

Nowadays, pro baseball is specialized.  

The argument can be made that NL pitchers would be smart to become a good hitter, because they would make more money. But that doesn't happen.

A pitcher hitting in MLB, in my mind, is the equivalent of an NHL goaltender forced to participate in a shootout.

Yes, long ago, and there really shouldn't even be a question on it anymore as far as im concerned.
The few pitchers that can actually hit are still nothing compared to the last guy on the bench in most cases. 
There is noone around the game today that cares about the ever so exciting double switch.
You want more fan coming back to these games, its time to evolve.

I'm pretty sure the MLB is the only league in the world that has different rules within the different conferences (AL vs NL, east vs West, AFC vs NFC, etc)

It's cool to be unique, but in this case that quirk makes half of the games a worse product.

Seriously, in the NL you have teams that have Jeff Mathis type hitters being followed by an even worse hitting pitcher. It's just brutal to watch at times.

8 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Daniel Bryan can answer that for me.

Yes!  Yes!  Yes!

The Bumgarners can still benefit, getting some DH games in too.  

Think about this.    Who, other than the NL, still has pitchers hit?    Colleges don't, minors don't, and I believe that even high schools don't. 

Time to make it uniform!

Bumgarner would likely never see another at bat.

7 hours ago, gurn67 said:

I think the pitcher should be the one player on the field you can pinch hit for without removing from the game. It would still be a tactical decision for the manager because he'd have to decide whether to burn one of his bench players each time the pitcher's spot came up. It would allow NL starters to stay in the game longer, and instead of carrying a 7th or 8th reliever, teams would be more likely to carry an extra veteran pinch hitter, or two.

I'd like to see something like this, except you don't need to limit it to just the pitcher, because teams would always want to use their bench bats for the pitchers spot. 

I voted NO.

but then I am a classic small ball, NL style type play guy......

heard on a game broadcast the other night (ESPN national game) that current MLB players simply do not know how to run the bases.......they lack fundamental base -running skills which, really is separate from speed.......that's IMO a product of the DH era - at all levels of ball.

Its all about increasing runs scored to make the game more exciting & pitchers batting is just watching Valbuena. I doubt fans will miss seeing a Valbuena in their lineup every day & will eventually embrace it as their teams will have more room in their lineup to fit their top hitting prospects in when an aged veteran can move to DH to make room for that prospect into their lineup.

Do Astro fans want their pitchers to start hitting again ? I doubt it, after winning that WS I doubt they would even consider seeing their team go back to the NL.
The argument that a NL team moving to the AL is at a disadvantaged has been disproven by the Astros. Imagine if Ohtani signed with a NL team, he'd only be available for PHing after his arm injury or he could demand to be traded to a AL team where there is an DH.

Make baseball great again: DH in both leagues, put a pitch clock on pitchers to make them spend less time in between pitches, limit the usage of the shift to once per game or something.