• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels bullpen getting trade interest

Glen

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Anderson's performance so far this year is so wildly out of character from his past results (at least in terms of K rate and ERA) that I don't we have any clue what he's going to be. 

And your amended package sounds like what those annoying guys in fantasy football leagues do: "Here, I'll give you 8 mediocre guys for your one good guy."  While Mejia is still "just" a prospect, I'm relatively certain that they could get a legitimate, front-line reliever for him.

Although I would target Mejia, I'm not totally fixated on him.

What do you think is the most we could get from Cleveland if we just gave them Cam and Blake?

3 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Although I would target Mejia, I'm not totally fixated on him.

What do you think is the most we could get from Cleveland if we just gave them Cam and Blake?

I honestly have no idea.  Haven't looked in depth at their farm system, nor have I looked to see what other types of relievers are being made available. 

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

I honestly have no idea.  Haven't looked in depth at their farm system, nor have I looked to see what other types of relievers are being made available. 

I don't know what they could give us with outfielders, but insurance for another Kole Calhoun collapse would be nice.

Maybe that would require a three team trade. IDK.

If I were Cleveland I would not give away Mejia or any top starting pitching prospect just for Cam and Blake, but I would give away a mediocre outfielder signed through next year.

Would you send Justin Anderson home to Houston for Giles? 

Dudes a nut and was optioned to the minors after mouthing off to Hinch and punching himself in the face. Astros may want to be totally rid of him at this point and he could be the Angels problem, for better or worse.

Anderson could go back to being nothing or continue developing for his hometown team. Angels get a legit bullpen ace with some control on the cheap who could rebound competing against his old team, or could fall apart completely, either way it'd only come at the cost of a prospect who was no ones radar months ago with plenty of volatility.

10 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Dudes a nut and was optioned to the minors after mouthing off to Hinch and punching himself in the face. Astros may want to be totally rid of him at this point and he could be the Angels problem, for better or worse.

Anderson could go back to being nothing or continue developing for his hometown team. Angels get a legit bullpen ace with some control on the cheap who could rebound competing against his old team, or could fall apart completely, either way it'd only come at the cost of a prospect who was no ones radar months ago with plenty of volatility.

Anderson for Giles straight up? No way. They would have to sweeten the deal.

14 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Yes I would. 

21 hours ago, Dochalo said:

seriously.  unless you have Chapman, kimbrel or any one of about a couple dozen guys, they are all interchangeable.  Even then, there's some volatility unless you've got one of the top 10.  

Cleveland needs pen help.  If you can get someone in their top 10 for Parker then you do it in a heartbeat.  Like Nolan Jones.  

that's a pipe dream but Cleveland, Colorado, St. Louis, Dogs, Nats, Dbacks, Braves, Phills, A's could all use pen help.  

grabbing a 50 grade prospect for a reliever would be a coup.  

I have been saying we should grab Yandy Diaz for a long time (and two years ago I wanted Jose Ramirez before he broke out but by then it was already probably too late).

17 hours ago, DMVol said:

Afraid his sell high days are long gone....

He was doing better before his injury. His early games were the ones that make his line look so bad. I am just saying we control him for 3 more years after this season. Better to let him try to sort it out, he has the stuff so it is a better gamble for us to keep him through the end of the year to see what happens.

21 hours ago, Dochalo said:

seriously.  unless you have Chapman, kimbrel or any one of about a couple dozen guys, they are all interchangeable.  Even then, there's some volatility unless you've got one of the top 10.  

Cleveland needs pen help.  If you can get someone in their top 10 for Parker then you do it in a heartbeat.  Like Nolan Jones.  

that's a pipe dream but Cleveland, Colorado, St. Louis, Dogs, Nats, Dbacks, Braves, Phills, A's could all use pen help.  

grabbing a 50 grade prospect for a reliever would be a coup.  

Cleveland trade makes a ton of sense. They need controllable relievers. McAllister, miller, Allen all off the books next year and the rest of their bullpen is terrible

10 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I would package Parker, Bedrosian, and position player prospects that will probably never start with the Angels. I consider Rengifo to be on that list.

Alvarez is a quality left-hander and has the best control of anyone in the bullpen. Anderson has closer potential.

I just posted in the minor league thread that I felt Rengifo could end up the best major leaguer of any prospect we have right now.  

Alvarez is primed for a trade.  If you can get a decent player in return I'd move him in a heartbeat.  

I, too, would keep Anderson, but there's a really good chance he ends up being an enigma.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

I just posted in the minor league thread that I felt Rengifo could end up the best major leaguer of any prospect we have right now.  

Alvarez is primed for a trade.  If you can get a decent player in return I'd move him in a heartbeat.  

I, too, would keep Anderson, but there's a really good chance he ends up being an enigma.  

I like Rengifo too, but I also like Mejia. In my opinion, Simmons and Fletcher is the middle infield long term. Catching talent is hard to come by, middle infield not so much.

25 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I like Rengifo too, but I also like Mejia. In my opinion, Simmons and Fletcher is the middle infield long term. Catching talent is hard to come by, middle infield not so much.

Mejia is one of the best prospects in baseball.  There is no chance we get him.  

On 7/16/2018 at 10:26 PM, Dochalo said:

Image result for yandy diaz

oddly enough, he's got 1hr this year.  

He does hit the ball on the ground a LOT. However he still gets on-base at an insane rate. If he can just adjust his bat path and loft the ball more that guy is so jacked he'd easily bump up to 20+ HRs no problem.

56 minutes ago, ettin said:

He does hit the ball on the ground a LOT. However he still gets on-base at an insane rate. If he can just adjust his bat path and loft the ball more that guy is so jacked he'd easily bump up to 20+ HRs no problem.

Trade for him and let him watch some Max Muncy videos on how to use the lower half to generate more over the fence power. 

Jon MorosiVerified account @jonmorosi 59s59 seconds ago

In preliminary #RedSox-#Marlins trade talks, source says Miami indicated that Michael Chavis or Jay Groome alone would not be sufficient to acquire setup man Drew Steckenrider. That is one snapshot of the market value for controllable relievers. @MLB @MLBNetwork

Bedrosian, Anderson, Alvarez, and Parker, even Noe and Robles, should definitely be shopped. 

For context...
Steckenrider (27, RHP, controlled through '23): 
2018: 3.48 ERA, 2.93 FIP, 1.30 WHIP, 108 ERA+, 0.2 WAR, 44 IP, 37 H, 2 HR, 20 BB, 51 K
Career: 2.97 ERA, 3.01 FIP, 1.33 WHIP, 130 ERA+, 0.8 WAR, 78.2 IP, 67 H, 6 HR, 38 BB, 105 K (7.7 H9, 0.7 HR9, 4.3 BB9, 12 K9)

Chavis is the #85 prospect (BA), #79 (MLB), a 22 year old 3B 1st rounder in AA with a career minor league slash of .251/.318/.456/.774
Groome is the #83 prospect (BA), #85 (MLB), #78 (BP), an 18 year old LHP SP 1st rounder in A Ball, with a career 5.37 ERA in 17 GS, 62 IP, (52 H, 34 BB, 82 K)
They're #1 and #2 on MLB's Red Sox Top 30 Prospects List.

Bedrosian is 26, RHP, controlled through '21:
'16-'18: 3.15 ERA, 3.28 FIP, 1.29 WHIP, 132 ERA+, 1.4 WAR, 128.2 IP, 116 H, 11 HR, 50 BB, 143 K (8.1 H9, 0.8 HR9, 3.5 BB9, 10 K9)