• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels bullpen getting trade interest

Glen

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Trade any and all of them for prospects. Then fill out the bullpen with Simon Mathews, Tyler Stevens, Ian Krol, Paredes, even Suarez and Canning. F*ck it, who cares?

seriously.  unless you have Chapman, kimbrel or any one of about a couple dozen guys, they are all interchangeable.  Even then, there's some volatility unless you've got one of the top 10.  

Cleveland needs pen help.  If you can get someone in their top 10 for Parker then you do it in a heartbeat.  Like Nolan Jones.  

that's a pipe dream but Cleveland, Colorado, St. Louis, Dogs, Nats, Dbacks, Braves, Phills, A's could all use pen help.  

grabbing a 50 grade prospect for a reliever would be a coup.  

4 hours ago, Dochalo said:

seriously.  unless you have Chapman, kimbrel or any one of about a couple dozen guys, they are all interchangeable.  Even then, there's some volatility unless you've got one of the top 10.  

Cleveland needs pen help.  If you can get someone in their top 10 for Parker then you do it in a heartbeat.  Like Nolan Jones.  

that's a pipe dream but Cleveland, Colorado, St. Louis, Dogs, Nats, Dbacks, Braves, Phills, A's could all use pen help.  

grabbing a 50 grade prospect for a reliever would be a coup.  

Houston nods head in approval.

(Andersen for Bagwell)

52 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Houston nods head in approval.

(Andersen for Bagwell)

Playoff contenders can convince themselves to do a really dumb trade to address a weakness....actually, Andersen did exactly what BoSox got him to do...http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/player.php?p=anderla02

Maybe the classic "now for later" trade was John Smoltz for Doyle Alexander...Alexander was 9-0 for the Tigers and helped get them to the postseason....

I can think of no better time to deal Bedrosian - he's been pitching quite well recently and with his age (only 26) and control (through 2021) a contender, especially one with a deep farm, that buys into what he's doing could offer up something the Angels can't refuse. 

Could also see the Halos bundling a couple relievers to get one really solid prospect back in return.

Just now, totdprods said:

I can think of no better time to deal Bedrosian - he's been pitching quite well recently and with his age (only 26) and control (through 2021) a contender, especially one with a deep farm, that buys into what he's doing could offer up something the Angels can't refuse. 

Could also see the Halos bundling a couple relievers to get one really solid prospect back in return.

Image result for you got it dude meme

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

You know how it works... Cam gets traded and next year he ends up with a 1.50 ERA and 50 saves.

5 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

I think it's more likely the Angels neither sell nor buy, but if they do sell, a Jesus Castillo type of return. 

Sometimes things pop up that you weren't expecting but I suspect you are probably right....Pretty much what we did last year (Hernandez to the DBacks not withstanding)....I do think Bedrosian and Parker have some value if Eppler decides to sell....

I could see us trade an arm and the return will at first seem like we basically gave him away, not that there is a real loss losing a Bedrosian type.  Then the guy will get to our minors and be a Castillo or a Renigfo type and play better than expected.  I could also see us trading for a future piece using prospects.  Maybe we would trade a package for Realmuto or something like that.  A trade that appears we still think we are in it, but it is more of a trade for the next several years, not unlike the Upton or Simmons trades.  

Cleveland needs pen help and they recently DFA'ed Ryan Merrit - wonder if they'd send him our way for a minor piece like Alvarez. 

Blake Swihart could be a change of scenery type guy that Boston could part with for a bullpen arm. Not sure he really fits the Angels much better, but could be an option. 

I'd look for blocked prospects on contenders or fringey, optionable depth - guys who are like what Parker Bridwell, Nick Tropeano, Felix Pena, or Jefry Marte were when acquired.

23 minutes ago, totdprods said:

If Phillies land Machado, it'd be real interesting to see what happens with their other IFs. 

Gets back to Cesar Hernandez, and his 2 remaining club control years?   His already solid plate discipline took yet another jump so far in 2018, 61 BBs in 95 games. 

Although I'm a fan of seeing what Rengifo can do here at 2B as early as 2019.   Same emerging plate discipline, SBs potential, etc.  

42 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Gets back to Cesar Hernandez, and his 2 remaining club control years?   His already solid plate discipline took yet another jump so far in 2018, 61 BBs in 95 games. 

Although I'm a fan of seeing what Rengifo can do here at 2B as early as 2019.   Same emerging plate discipline, SBs potential, etc.  

Him or Franco would both make some sense, especially if Philly was determined to re-sign Machado, which seems to be the case (saw a tweet yesterday that someone speculated their owner was so determined he'd maybe try and sign both Machado and Harper this offseason) but I would think Philly may be interested in more than pen help to land either of those. We'd have to throw some prospect(s) in, or a SP. 

I hope they add Rengifo this September and he, at the very least, takes Cowart/Fontana's spot on the 40 and works into that utility role for '19. 

Guys, we like to joke about the Angels trading Bedrosian, but there is a 96.7% chance that he goes to some other team and suddenly becomes a lock-down closer. And a 99% chance that he'll dominate the Angels next year.

Of course, if they kept him, he would continue his mediocrity.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Guys, we like to joke about the Angels trading Bedrosian, but there is a 96.7% chance that he goes to some other team and suddenly becomes a lock-down closer. And a 99% chance that he'll dominate the Angels next year.

Of course, if they kept him, he would continue his mediocrity.

As long as the Angels get a good return, I don't really care what he becomes. He's been wholly unreliable for so long.

2 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

If I were to make a trade with the Indians, Mejia is the guy I want in return. Alaverez and Anderson are untouchable in my mind. I would shop Parker and Bedrosian instead.

Cannot tell if you're being serious here.  You think the Indians are going to give up a consensus top 20 prospect who's not yet 23-years old for a run-of-the-mill reliever?  That's absurd--as is the notion that either Alvarez or Anderson should be "untouchable."  Honestly, that's just laughable.

4 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I would package Parker, Bedrosian, and position player prospects that will probably never start with the Angels. I consider Rengifo to be on that list.

Alvarez is a quality left-hander and has the best control of anyone in the bullpen. Anderson has closer potential.

Anderson's performance so far this year is so wildly out of character from his past results (at least in terms of K rate and ERA) that I don't we have any clue what he's going to be. 

And your amended package sounds like what those annoying guys in fantasy football leagues do: "Here, I'll give you 8 mediocre guys for your one good guy."  While Mejia is still "just" a prospect, I'm relatively certain that they could get a legitimate, front-line reliever for him.

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Anderson's performance so far this year is so wildly out of character from his past results (at least in terms of K rate and ERA) that I don't we have any clue what he's going to be. 

And your amended package sounds like what those annoying guys in fantasy football leagues do: "Here, I'll give you 8 mediocre guys for your one good guy."  While Mejia is still "just" a prospect, I'm relatively certain that they could get a legitimate, front-line reliever for him.

You are right on the money, I read that a Mejia package is what it would take to get Raisel Inglesias a front-line closer from the Reds.