• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout's power.....

Has been negated by the rest of the lineup being toothless.  

Teams try to paint the corners and if they miss, they miss a little off the plate.  

Over the last 28 games, Mike has 5 xbh in 125 PA.  (3 dbl, 2hr).  He's still hitting well with a .910 ops but that's with a .492 obp.  

I know lineup protection isn't considered a thing, and what pitcher would rather pitch to Trout over anyone else, but there are no consequences now that Simmons has been moved in front of him.  

It's not just Upton failing.  It's the two spots to follow as well AND the two spots in front.  

It's hard for me to fathom that a part of Betts success isn't from the all-stars hitting around him.  

I'll split the difference: Trout's recent struggles are a mixture of a shitty lineup and something being wrong/off. I'm not sure if it is still the finger or some other injury he's hiding, or maybe he's struggling to adjust. Either way he's been mediocre for almost a month now, since those four HR in two games back in mid-June. Remember when he was threatening the all-time greatest season and seemed a lock for a 12+ WAR? Now he'll be lucky to sneak in 10 WAR.

1 minute ago, ThomasSutpen said:

you ever take that train that goes along the coast line down to san diego and watch the padres? better players, management that is a little better about acting like they care about winning...you should be a padres guy you seem like the type that just likes baseball BRAH

Thxs Angels play Padres soon ...  didn’t know about the train ?

Its a domino effect. Something is wrong w him. Either injury or timing (or both). But going back to that article about beating the shift, guys talking about how they have to x y and z or else someone else has to, imagine that for trout.

I think its effecting upton, too. I think hes pressing because trout isnt hitting like usual, because he knows theres no consistency behind him.

5 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

The so called toothless lineup is still winning ballgames without much contribution from Trout. 

This isn’t a knock on Trout ... every ballplayer struggles with timely hitting. 

I'm not knocking Trout.  

He's actually contributing plenty.  Getting on base nearly half the time he comes to the plate.  

they're winning fewer games than they're losing since they started 13-3.  During Trout's power outage, the team is 12-16.  They have a .704 ops during that time with his .910 ops.  

the offense is dogshit.  

8 hours ago, ThomasSutpen said:

you ever take that train that goes along the coast line down to san diego and watch the padres? better players, management that is a little better about acting like they care about winning...you should be a padres guy you seem like the type that just likes baseball BRAH

I lived in San Diego for 14 years, if you think the Padres are a better run organization you're a nut case.

Hey, we get it.  You hate the Angels' organization, ownership, manager and most of the players.  You never watch them play.  So why are you bothering with this message board.  Seems to me you should make the drive to Petco, and enjoy the Padres, and talk baseball with them.