• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Something You Probably Don't Know About Pujols

Taylor

39 minutes ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Maybe he retires under an agreement they pay him 80% of what he's owed all at once ? or he gets a bobby bonilla deal.

Awww that sweet bobby Bonilla deal that keeps him set for life. Is he still collecting millions each year like 20 years after he retired? And it includes interest so hasn’t he earned way more than his original contract? 

13 minutes ago, stanick88 said:

Awww that sweet bobby Bonilla deal that keeps him set for life. Is he still collecting millions each year like 20 years after he retired? And it includes interest so hasn’t he earned way more than his original contract? 

I wondered about that, a million dollars in 2035 is worth less than it was in 2000, the Mets are ok with paying him 1 million every year til 2035.

Thats why I like it when contracts are back loaded.

Angels for example could offer Harper 8 million per year for 50 years

2 hours ago, ThomasSutpen said:

Here's something about Pujols: I stopped following the Angels because of him. Straight up can't watch an Angels game and haven't since 2017. I hate him in a sports fan villain way but Arte is the real garbo I understand. Arte is trash he's LA BASURA. Pujols is just the banana peel hanging over the lid of that garbage can but there are flies all over the place.

Bummer, you're missing watching Trout in his prime over this.

11 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Uh, that was Hamilton. 

---------------

I was referring to the Johnny Cash song, Folsom Prison. "I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die."

I should have known this. Tank fail.

6 hours ago, 2020worldseries said:
Do you think Pujols will play out the remainder of his contract?

Three years is a long time. I don’t know what’s going to happen, but it seems difficult to imagine him playing all the way to the end of 2021

?

IMO he will reach a point when physically he just can't do it anymore, and I don't believe that it will be very long - perhaps even at the end of this season. His skills are declining rapidly.

6 hours ago, ThomasSutpen said:

Here's something about Pujols: I stopped following the Angels because of him. Straight up can't watch an Angels game and haven't since 2017. I hate him in a sports fan villain way but Arte is the real garbo I understand. Arte is trash he's LA BASURA. Pujols is just the banana peel hanging over the lid of that garbage can but there are flies all over the place.

Interesting that you stopped following the Angels in 2017 yet you are interested enough to check in on obscure threads in a Angels message board to comment on the subject.  It's like reaching into the garbage can when no one is looking and plucking out a used brownie to eat.

9 hours ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Maybe he retires under an agreement they pay him 80% of what he's owed all at once ? or he gets a bobby bonilla deal.

I'm hoping he retires of his own accord and out of pride. I've been super annoyed that he's been a shell of his former self, but I don't think I've seen a single quote or anything that would make me wish him ill. If anything, would love to see him retire so as to not further degrade his career rate stats. Wish I could forget the contract and just remember the absolute monster he was in STL. 

6 hours ago, Tank said:

Bummer, you're missing watching Trout in his prime over this.

He's a Padres fan, it's killing him that the Angels have Trout and Ohtani, and the Padres are still doinking around with pretty much nothing.  He hates Pujols, the organization, ownership and coaching staff.  Yet he is an expert on what ails this team, LOL.

10 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

IMO he will reach a point when physically he just can't do it anymore, and I don't believe that it will be very long - perhaps even at the end of this season. His skills are declining rapidly.

My thought the past year plus has always been that 2019 would be his final active player season.   Spread out the remaining $59 million and add it over his 10 years personal services contract period.