• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I am begging. Please get rid of Valbuena. Please.

Is it possible that the reason he is still here is because of the much-ballyhooed (in front offices) "starting the clock" on potential farm hand replacements? I have never taken the time to understand this in detail.

Anyway, it's either the clock or a continuing Arte fear of paying with no playing. 

It has to be one or the other. What else is there?

8 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Is it possible that the reason he is still here is because of the much-ballyhooed (in front offices) "starting the clock" on potential farm hand replacements? I have never taken the time to understand this in detail.

Anyway, it's either the clock or a continuing Arte fear of paying with no playing. 

You’ve referred to Arte’s fear of paying with no playing a couple of times.   You realize this isn’t a real fear of his right?  Appier, GMjr, Hamilton, Abreu, Kazmir, Espinosa, Madsen, Burnett, Blanton, Wells,  and I’m sure there are others.  

42 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

There is one other possible reason.

To release Valbuena and call up a rook would signal that the Angels have thrown in the towel on the season, before the AS Break. And all the drop off in attendance that that would likely create.

That's a ridiculous hypothesis.

46 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

To release Valbuena and call up a rook would signal that the Angels have thrown in the towel on the season, before the AS Break. And all the drop off in attendance that that would likely create.

Wouldn’t attendance go up if Nobueno is released 

I think we can all agree that Valbuena needs to go, hopefully sooner rather than later. The fact he is hitting 5th is on Scioscia and his worthless platoon system. He is platooning Fletcher with Valbuena which is absurd. If they promoted Ward or Thaiss it would be the same thing. I just hope Scioscia isn’t extended because that would be enough to make me give up on this organization.

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

To start v not start the clock is not really hard to understand.

First factor: will it upgrade our roster.   Very few would disagree replacing Valbueno for just about anyone would upgrade the roster.

Second: is the replacement on the 40 man roster? If not would adding to the 40 man roster cost us an important piece to be DFA.  The Angel's have a lot of trash on the 40 man so that should be a non factor.  The Angel's could be looking farther down the road.  It has been reported that we have done valuable minor leaguers who are subject to rule V if they are not added to the 40 man.  Plus those on the 60 day DL will have to be added to the 40 man roster.

Third:  will the replacement bring more value to the franchise this year right now? In the case 9f Ward or Thais this is an issue.  Neither of them is going to change the fortunes of the Angel's this year.  Therefore it's easy to believe they have greater value by having an extra year down the road.  THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE BY USING JMF OR FLETCHER who both are already on the 40 man roster and both have their clock started already.

If you think releasing Valbuena would reduce attendance, I  uh, I uh don’t know if we can be friends anymore.  

steve harvey wtf GIF

Or just the opposite depending on how their PR dept. spins it. Valbuena is a lost cause and Ward is hitting .388 in AAA.

35 minutes ago, TroutTrumbo said:

I think we can all agree that Valbuena needs to go, hopefully sooner rather than later. The fact he is hitting 5th is on Scioscia and his worthless platoon system. He is platooning Fletcher with Valbuena which is absurd. If they promoted Ward or Thaiss it would be the same thing. I just hope Scioscia isn’t extended because that would be enough to make me give up on this organization.

Same, if the angels bring back Scioscia, I'm so done with the angels and baseball altogether. 

Enough is enough.

35 minutes ago, stormngt said:

To start v not start the clock is not really hard to understand.

First factor: will it upgrade our roster.   Very few would disagree replacing Valbueno for just about anyone would upgrade the roster.

Second: is the replacement on the 40 man roster? If not would adding to the 40 man roster cost us an important piece to be DFA.  The Angel's have a lot of trash on the 40 man so that should be a non factor.  The Angel's could be looking farther down the road.  It has been reported that we have done valuable minor leaguers who are subject to rule V if they are not added to the 40 man.  Plus those on the 60 day DL will have to be added to the 40 man roster.

Third:  will the replacement bring more value to the franchise this year right now? In the case 9f Ward or Thais this is an issue.  Neither of them is going to change the fortunes of the Angel's this year.  Therefore it's easy to believe they have greater value by having an extra year down the road.  THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE BY USING JMF OR FLETCHER who both are already on the 40 man roster and both have their clock started already.

How dare you come in here and make a post that contains logic, facts and a well thought out opinion.Please don't do it again.Thanks.

2 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

Bingo!

Give that man a prize!

It’s not bingo, it is asinine to think cutting Valbuena would lead to a drop in attendance.  I mean unless you think we would be worse with whomever we call up.  Who exactly follows the team close enough to determine if we are giving up on the season?  Probably knowledgeable fans.  How many knowledgeable fans actually think Valbuena is helping the team?  Not a single one.   This is one of those times where 1+1 does not equal 2.  

Some roster things....

A 40-man roster spot isn’t an issue in the short term because getting rid of Valbuena would create a spot. 

If they bring up Thaiss, it does use up one extra spot over the winter, because he doesn’t have to be protected this winter. Ward has to go on the roster this winter already. 

I haven’t really analyzed their roster and farm system enough to know how tight the 40-man will be over the winter. Bear in mind that there’s no 60-day DL over the winter, so all those guys like Cozart, Meyer, Jewell, etc., who are out for the season and not on the roster now will need spots over the winter. 

The other consideration is options. If you bring a guy up and he doesn’t stay up the whole rest of the season, he will use up one of his three option years. 

As for the actual service time clock, were really past where that matters. Around early June is when the super 2 threshold happens. And the extra year of service time passes in mid April. 

If they felt one of those guys could help them right now, I don’t think they’d let any of that stuff stop them. The only exception being that they wouldn’t call someone up for a temporary stint.