• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Taylor Ward is hitting .390 in Salt Lake

Scott34

I think the only team that should have their AAA team in Salt Lake City is Colorado. Having your prospects play their home games at over 4000 feet above where they'll be playing their home games at the major league level doesn't seem to be a good way to judge how they will fare at the next level.

6 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Joe Torre won an MVP at 3b after switching from C....

I am always wishful--that is what being a fan is all about.  But I am cautious because I cannot remember a draft pick that was more annoying than Ward.  I found myself instantly in a mental state equal to a Jets fan booing into his beer at the NFL draft.

I hated the pick.

I guess, but personally I would rather see them just go with the two that are up right now and give them all of the playing time but not until they are actually out of it.  Not mathematically out of it, but realistically out of it.  My belief is no team is going to put up the white flag on a season, while being over .500, before the all star break. 

53 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I guess, but personally I would rather see them just go with the two that are up right now and give them all of the playing time but not until they are actually out of it.  Not mathematically out of it, but realistically out of it.  My belief is no team is going to put up the white flag on a season, while being over .500, before the all star break. 

As bad as Valnobuena has been for 3.5 months (.603 OPS), how is he suddenly going to figure it out?   Plus, bringing up Ward doesn't disrupt his clock, because it's more than halfway through the season.   He figures to have every chance to win the 3B job in ST anyway.   

How can Ward be any worse than Valnobuena, the way Ward is hitting and the way Valnobuena isn't hitting?

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

As bad as Valnobuena has been for 3.5 months (.603 OPS), how is he suddenly going to figure it out?   Plus, bringing up Ward doesn't disrupt his clock, because it's more than halfway through the season.   He figures to have every chance to win the 3B job in ST anyway.   

How can Ward be any worse than Valnobuena, the way Ward is hitting and the way Valnobuena isn't hitting?

I am not positive how it works with club control and starting the clock.  But if bringing him up means he is sitting on the bench while Fletcher and JMF start, then what is the point.  To me this isn’t about Valbuena, this is about picking two guys to bring up and start them regularly.  

7 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Nobueno is a LH hitter 

2 hours ago, gurn67 said:

I think the only team that should have their AAA team in Salt Lake City is Colorado. Having your prospects play their home games at over 4000 feet above where they'll be playing their home games at the major league level doesn't seem to be a good way to judge how they will fare at the next level.

I think that Las Vegas is available net year as their deal with the Mets will end.

24 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I am not positive how it works with club control and starting the clock.  But if bringing him up means he is sitting on the bench while Fletcher and JMF start, then what is the point.  To me this isn’t about Valbuena, this is about picking two guys to bring up and start them regularly.  

2 1/2 months left....no need to bring everybody up at once....lots of time left....

29 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Fletcher the man of a below 700 OPS and JMF the 30yr old (if that is indeed his real age) rookie are NOT starting material now or in the long run. 

Ward a 1st round pick smashing the ball all over the place is the future or it's someone else outside the organization. He needed to be given a run out there a month ago just like Gleyber/Andujar were for NYY. I'd honestly have Thaiss up before Fernandez too.

1 minute ago, IheartLA said:

Fletcher the man of a below 700 OPS and JMF the 30yr old (if that is indeed his real age) rookie are NOT starting material now or in the long run. 

Ward a 1st round pick smashing the ball all over the place is the future or it's someone else outside the organization. He needed to be given a run out there a month ago just like Gleyber/Andujar were for NYY. I'd honestly have Thaiss up before Fernandez too.

Fletcher very well could be the future, not sure why you have chosen to write him off already.  He will be a 2nd baseman, or at worst a utility guy.