• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Richards, Trout, and Free Agency

m0nkey

How much of a factor can keeping Richards really be in terms of having Trout re-sign in free agency?  I've only scanned the main board recently, but I see numerous posts from people saying something to the effect that if the Angels let him go, it will hurt their chances with Trout.  

If Trout were leaning towards leaving, do you really think Trout is going to say "wow, this other team is offering me this much money, has a nice window to win, but you know what? I think I'll stay here in Anaheim because they took care of my pal."

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Only as a reliever, would I bring Richards back, and only on an Eovaldi type incentives deal.

Agreed. With his fastball and slider combo he could be a dominant closer. Probably crank it up to 101-102 as a closer with that 90 MPH slider. Could be back for the stretch run next season if that's the case. It worked for Jordan Walden for a while and Richards has way better stuff than he does. It's complicated with him hitting free agency while recovering TJS though. Very tough for teams to offer him a deal this offseason perhaps?

I don’t see the harm in offering him and Eovaldi-like deal. 2/$10M with $1M incentives in that second year if he pitches 100, 150 innings. A drop in the bucket with significant upside for 2020. If Garrett doesn’t take it he probably won’t be offered anything more by another club and runs the risk of not being paid in 2019 at all, and then only be offered a few million in 2020 after being a spring training invitee.

12 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I don’t see the harm in offering him and Eovaldi-like deal. 2/$10M with $1M incentives in that second year if he pitches 100, 150 innings. A drop in the bucket with significant upside for 2020. If Garrett doesn’t take it he probably won’t be offered anything more by another club and runs the risk of not being paid in 2019 at all, and then only be offered a few million in 2020 after being a spring training invitee.

Eovaldi didn't get anywhere near 2/$10M

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

again, Eovaldi was signed  for 1 year at $2M plus a club option for $2M for the 2nd year. 

why does Richards deserve more with his history of injuries?

I mean if you want to make the second and third year options go for it.

31 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I mean if you want to make the second and third year options go for it.

We're paying Richards $7.3M this year for 16 starts.

We paid him over $13M for 12 starts over the previous 2 years.

I'd give him $1M with a club option for $1M. if he doesn't like it he can kick rocks