• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If Ohtani is rusty...

Torridd

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

.421 OPS

if his name wasn't Ohtani, not one person here would be saying he should be in the lineup vs LHP

That wasn't my intent, but is he really that bad against them that he shouldn't see them at all?

Just now, Torridd said:

That wasn't my intent, but is he really that bad against them that he shouldn't see them at all?

if you make your decision based on performance, I would think the answer is obvious. 

don't take this to mean I wouldn't want to ever see him bat vs LHP. I can see the justification for sitting him, however. 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

if you make your decision based on performance, I would think the answer is obvious. 

Pujols is at .173 against LHP....Is that obvious enough?  Calhoun is at .125....where do we draw the line?

Just now, Stradling said:

Over Hermosillo yes

Not sure that Calhoun (.125) getting starts vs LHP because we don't have another option in RF (that may be debatable) ought to be the test here....I still think a big part of the problem, beyond the fact that Ohtani hasn't helped himself with poor results vs lefties, is that Pujols can't play 1b everyday and needs to DH at least some (if not most) of the time....That is going to continue to be a problem going forward, particularly if Ohtani can't pitch next year....if he starts hitting LHP, then what do you do?  Bench Albert? I don't know but it potentially is a problem, particularly if Ohtani can't pitch....

25 minutes ago, Lou said:

.421 OPS

if his name wasn't Ohtani, not one person here would be saying he should be in the lineup vs LHP

But he is Ohtani and the potential is there.  I think that at some point you have to explore it and see if you truly have a platoon hitter or you have someone who is full-time.  And again, as bad as Ohtani is versus LHP right now, it's not like we have options that are so much better.  And, we're the team that keeps (until the last few games, at least) starting Valbuena.  It's not like we don't have a history of giving players a shot.

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

But he is Ohtani and the potential is there.  I think that at some point you have to explore it and see if you truly have a platoon hitter or you have someone who is full-time.  And again, as bad as Ohtani is versus LHP right now, it's not like we have options that are so much better.  And, we're the team that keeps (until the last few games, at least) starting Valbuena.  It's not like we don't have a history of giving players a shot.

22 minutes ago, Lou said:

don't take this to mean I wouldn't want to ever see him bat vs LHP. I can see the justification for sitting him, however.