• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Recipe Of The Day: What’s in Season in July?

Hello Summer, hello July, and welcome to month 7 of our Monthly Produce Guides!

This is the season we wait all year for, the time of plenty. Our gardens, local famers markets, and supermarket produce sections are filled with glorious choices.

If July isn’t National Zucchini Month, it should be, right? If you garden, you might be regretting that decision to plant more than a couple zucchini plants, as each one produces enough zucchini to feed a family of four. No worries! We have you covered with dozens of recipes for zucchini and summer squash.

Look for tomatoes of all sorts—gorgeously striped and colorful heirlooms, big beefsteak tomatoes for burgers, and bite-sized cherry, Sungold, and pear tomatoes.

We have cucumbers for pickling, for salads, and even more making drinks! As well as yellow, white, and mixed corn. What’s your favorite way to cook corn? For me it’s grilling if the grill is on, or microwaving if I’m only cooking one.

July seasonal produce guide

July actually is National Blueberry Month, officially (sorry zucchini), according to the USDA. So enjoy them now in pies, slumps, and your morning cereal.

While apricots and cherries peak in June, July is the month for nectarines, peaches, pluots, and plums. Ever had a pluot? They’re a cross between a plum and an apricot. Delicious! They come in all different varieties, Dapple Dandy is my favorite.

Finally summer just isn’t summer without watermelon, right? Have you ever tried sprinkling melon slice with a little salt? It’s a trick my dad taught me and now I’m addicted!

Scroll down for recipe ideas. Are you a gardener? What are you growing in your garden this summer, let us know in the comments!

Continue reading "What’s in Season in July?" »

k2Zd1NPsTTw

View the full article