• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 7/11 Mariners @ Angels: No Valbuena

21 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

The season may be "over" for YOU. But the people being paid still have three months of work left. And Ohtani is too valuable to be an experiment placed in a throw situation before the doctors clear him.

What people being paid are you talking about? The season is over for everyone paid or not, you have to do what's best for next season and the future. And giving Ohtani some AB's against lefties so he's familiar with what they throw and improves at hitting lefties in general is a huge benefit to this team.

His presence alone makes everyone in the lineup better. He should be playing everyday.

21 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

And he's not starting tonight for the same reason Valbuena isn't.

So it's just a coincidence that his days off are only with a lefty pitcher on the mound? Interesting.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

A team above .500 before the All Star break can’t possibly give up on the season and play for next year.   I know some of you want that but no .500 or better team has given up yet.   Ohtani is hitting like .118 against lefties.  

If we lose tonight we'll be like 11 back of the Mariners and 14 back of the Astros... I really really don't think that there's much of a chance.

Just now, ValbuenaBatFlip said:

If we lose tonight we'll be like 11 back of the Mariners and 14 back of the Astros... I really really don't think that there's much of a chance.

Oh me neither.  But the team isn’t giving up before the break with a winning record. 

Offense is dreadful by and large and needs a complete overhaul before next April.

Players I don't want to see anymore: Valbuena, Kinsler, Cozart, Young, Marte. Calhoun I would give him some slack since he looks like he has turned the corner. Build the offense around Trout, Simmons, and Ohtani. Everyone else can go.

Pujols needs his playing time reduced, and Maldonado should also be part-time. Is Rivera ever returning??