• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 7/11 Mariners @ Angels: No Valbuena

3 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Was Mathis calling the game?

Haha, but no. He didn't start, but has come in now to play 2nd base.

First time in his career. He does have 3 innings as a pitcher on his record, but nothing else in the field.

Edited by fan_since79

1 minute ago, JarsOfClay said:

I was wondering the same thing. The season is over so why not let him practice hitting against lefties?

It's just another example of Scioscia holding a player back. 

Sure if this was a one game playoff I'd be OK with the move, but lets be real, in the long run Ohtani is going to hit lefties better than Marte and Pujols are currently... assuming Ohtani is ever given a chance to hit off of lefties.

1 minute ago, JarsOfClay said:

I was wondering the same thing. The season is over so why not let him practice hitting against lefties?

It's just another example of Scioscia holding a player back. 

The season may be "over" for YOU. But the people being paid still have three months of work left. And Ohtani is too valuable to be an experiment placed in a throw situation before the doctors clear him. And he's not starting tonight for the same reason Valbuena isn't.