• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is the significance of your username?

On 7/12/2018 at 10:32 AM, Torridd said:

I use "torridd" pretty much for everything online (my chess games,. etc.) I just sort of like it. I've always liked comics, but I don't have a special affinity for my avatar, Human Torch though. 

I 100% thought your name was a poor spelling of Torii'd, as in Torii Hunter.

20 hours ago, Sully151 said:

Well, people call me Sully and the number came from an old REM song off Document, Odd Fellows Local 151.

I always thought your name came from that time when you safely landed a plane on the Hudson River. No?

• 2 years later...

Mine is a cricket reference.

A 'maiden' is a set of six balls bowled (an over) that concedes no runs at all, if you also take a 'wicket' during the over (get somebody out) then that is called a 'wicket maiden'. It's the holy grail of bowling in the short T20 format and is incredibly difficult to do (I've done it once in 30 years of playing  - but I don't count it - long story, so I'm still chasing that goal).

The closest baseball equivalent I can think of would be a perfect inning.

4 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Mine is a cricket reference.

A 'maiden' is a set of six balls bowled (an over) that concedes no runs at all, if you also take a 'wicket' during the over (get somebody out) then that is called a 'wicket maiden'. It's the holy grail of bowling in the short T20 format and is incredibly difficult to do (I've done it once in 30 years of playing  - but I don't count it - long story, so I'm still chasing that goal).

The closest baseball equivalent I can think of would be a perfect inning.

Jose Mota expected to join Dodgers' broadcast team – Orange County Register