• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is the significance of your username?

On 7/10/2018 at 2:57 PM, Taylor said:

Lou learning that I was the man previously called bumpygrimes (or he already knew that and was being sarcastic) got me thinking—what's the origin of your username?

I had no idea. In fact, I was going to ask what happened to Bumpy Grimes a while back.

2 hours ago, arch stanton said:

We've all seen The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, right?

Arch Stanton is the name on the grave where the money is buried. He's important to the plot but has no lines and no actor was paid to portray him. In the end the money wasn't even in his grave. I am the Arch Stanton of the internet

spoiler alert!

common courtesy you jerk.

when-doves-cry-purble.jpg

4 hours ago, LHalo said:

I probably have the worst name on the board. L is for Larry and halo is because of some shitty team I follow. I made it up to respond some lame comment on the ESPN board back in the day and kept it the same after we migrated here to keep it consistent. If anyone has a suggested name the would like me to use I’m all ears. Sorry calscuf, I think beaner and wetback my violate board policy. 

i dunno, BeanerHalo has a catchy ring to it.

On 7/10/2018 at 5:14 PM, Brandon said:

I was given my name coming out of my mother's vagina. The strange thing is I was 4 when that happened.

Went with my real name because it's beyond gay to run into people at events or games and say, "Hey, nice to meet you, my name is TroutsBallsack99 on the board"

ok glassjaw ;)

On 7/11/2018 at 4:35 PM, Brandon said:

That and when I did have a basic board name like most, we used to all hangout at places, go to games, events, or even befriend on social media and it was beyond embarrassing when someone would yell across the bar "Hey Glassjaw!" or "Glass!!" and they would post that on my Facebook wall for my friends, family, and business associates to see. Always had to gloss over that one when people would ask why I was called that.

Damnit

On 7/10/2018 at 2:57 PM, Taylor said:

Lou learning that I was the man previously called bumpygrimes (or he already knew that and was being sarcastic) got me thinking—what's the origin of your username?

My current username is my first name.

My previous enigmatic username (bumpygrimes) is a bit of an inside joke from my childhood. When I was, like, 6 years old, my little league team got to run out on the field before a minor league game with various members of the Quakes. Each Quakes player had one or two players from my team. I ran out alongside a guy named Stoney Briggs. After the game, my dad was trying to recall the name of the player I ran out with, and he said, "What was the name of that guy? Bumpy Grimes or something?"

For some reason, that butchering of Stoney Briggs's name became an inside joke between my dad and me. When I was 9 or 10, I created my first-ever message board account on the OMB. My username was "heyarnold," in honor of my favorite TV show. A few years later, I thought "heyarnold" was too childish, so I changed it to "bumpygrimes." Several years ago, I was tired of my name sounding like some obscure STD, so I officially became just Taylor.

Sounds like the story that Shakey Graves has about his name...

(Warning: white people music ahead)

• 1 year later...
On 7/10/2018 at 5:35 PM, Blarg said:

Blarg actually came from my son way back when we used to go to an internet cafe to play Counter Strike. You would get a bunch of people together and rent computer time for gaming then one person would setup a server name you can all log on to.

He decided Blarg was funny and whenever we gamed it was the name we used. Eventually I started to use it as my screen name for gaming then message boards. Eventually it found it's way to urban dictionaries

Didn't you go by "BlargBlast" at some point?