• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Garrett Richards

Dude just cannot stay healthy, such a shame because he really could have been good. This might have been his last game in an Angels uniform depending on the results of his MRI tomorrow. Getting a top of the rotation pitcher may be on the to-do list for this offseason. Even with Ohtani being fully healthy and able to pitch next season (wishful thinking, I know) we still need a legit ace to be competitive, IMO. 

On 7/9/2018 at 1:13 PM, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Gray is going to be headed back to the DL for TJ surgery in 3....2....1..... Hurry! Do it~

Oh, and btw, we need to sell high on Ward Quickly! Before he becomes our starting 3Bman putting up Mathis type #'s for 6 years~

i can't imagine richards' trade stock is terribly high right now.

I'd take a chance on Richards in 2019/2020 if he needed TJ. The bottom line is he's a good pitcher and those aren't easy to come by. Yes, it's frustrating he's hurt a lot but that doesn't mean he has to be disparaged. He's homegrown and been with the team for years. I think he deserves more respect.

11 hours ago, Griffey's Corner said:

To think that Richards will extend for cheap is laughable. Team friendly deal maybe he takes $60 million instead of $65 million over 4 years. The guy is healthy this year. Has a career ERA of 3.52 all in the AL. Has the pedigree of being a 1st round draft pick & has some of the best stuff in baseball.

Simple answer is trade him for a top 100 prospect. 

I'm holding you responsible.

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

After his TJ surgery he should have a good, long rest and come back sometime in 2021. Then we limit him to two innings a start. Do everything possible to protect that brilliant but fragile arm. He'll be the piece to put us over the top! 

/sarc

His future, wherever it is, should be as a reliever.   That high maintenance delivery and follow through is not conducive to pitching 160-180 innings a season.    His stuff is conducive to being a key reliever in whatever role.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

His future, wherever it is, should be as a reliever.   That high maintenance delivery and follow through is not conducive to pitching 160-180 innings a season.    His stuff is conducive to being a key reliever in whatever role.

If he doesn’t mentally masturbate stuff and throws strikes or stays around the strikezone when ahead in the count.

Being up 0-2 in the count and then throwing  a breaking ball in the dirt in front of the plate is just wasting pitches nobody swings at.

I don't think the injection therapy was a failure. He threw plenty of pitches at high velocity and plenty of sliders since he came back. I think if you watch him pitch he's just a UCL injury waiting to happen. I'll go out on a limb and say that if he gets the surgery he'll end up tearing it again afterward