• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Amazing things happen when...

No you weren’t the only one.  I was worried last night just as I have with every bullpen except for the great year of Street and before that Franky.  Man Street for that year was awesome, he made the ninth inning boring.   Not sure I’ve ever felt that comfortable in the ninth before.   Even with Franky or Percival they could get wild and make it interesting.  

1 hour ago, The Boogie Man said:

No you weren’t the only one.  I was worried last night just as I have with every bullpen except for the great year of Street and before that Franky.  Man Street for that year was awesome, he made the ninth inning boring.   Not sure I’ve ever felt that comfortable in the ninth before.   Even with Franky or Percival they could get wild and make it interesting.  

i agree, Percival had some epic meltdowns that for sure, but id take him back in a heartbeat.   Hell he still might outpitch some of what we have out there at his age now. 

26 minutes ago, floplag said:

i agree, Percival had some epic meltdowns that for sure, but id take him back in a heartbeat.   Hell he still might outpitch some of what we have out there at his age now. 

I'd for sure take perci back. Watching Frankie close games was like shoving a war head up your ass. My ass still hasn't recovered from being so puckered up on a nightly basis.

2 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

Percy tended to be fine so long as it wasn't the Indians -- but man did he like to shit the bed when facing the Indians.

23 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I'd for sure take perci back. Watching Frankie close games was like shoving a war head up your ass. My ass still hasn't recovered from being so puckered up on a nightly basis.

It is funny you mention this because that was my sentiment too, and then I made the mistake of looking at the numbers.  KRod had a much lower ERA, 2.35 ERA and Percy had a 2.99 ERA.  They had almost an identical WHIP 1.10 to 1.11, and Krod struck out more per nine innings and they had an identical walk rate.  That means Percy gave up more hits.  

26 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

It is funny you mention this because that was my sentiment too, and then I made the mistake of looking at the numbers.  KRod had a much lower ERA, 2.35 ERA and Percy had a 2.99 ERA.  They had almost an identical WHIP 1.10 to 1.11, and Krod struck out more per nine innings and they had an identical walk rate.  That means Percy gave up more hits.  

That may be so but it seemed like every outing Krod had 2 on with no outs.

3 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

That may be so but it seemed like every outing Krod had 2 on with no outs.

Its weird huh?  That is my memory too, but in reality it wasn't any different than Percy, except KRod struck out one more per 9 and allowed less runs to score.  

1 minute ago, Dick B Back said:

What, we can’t have a Kimbrel type closer. Damn!

Nobody is good enough.  This group would have found fault with Mariano Rivera.

Suddenly, aside from a lack of solid closer, the bullpen doesn't look too bad these past couple of weeks.

Would be nice to minimize the salary cost of the pen, and not have a flop for big bucks like a few guys elsewhere have been.

Wade Davis has admittedly pitched better than I thought, given the flop word being thrown around.   ERA is at 4.00 and WHIP is at 1.20, but he does have 25 saves.    BBs have been his main culprit (19 in 35 innings, and only 24 hits and 4 HRs allowed).

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Percy tended to be fine so long as it wasn't the Indians -- but man did he like to shit the bed when facing the Indians.

Ah yes..Percy and the Indians resulted in one of the best meltdowns this board has ever seen (or hell, was that so long ago it was on the old espn message board?). AF25 went legendary status that day.

50 minutes ago, red321 said:

Ah yes..Percy and the Indians resulted in one of the best meltdowns this board has ever seen (or hell, was that so long ago it was on the old espn message board?). AF25 went legendary status that day.

Af25, Tank and myself had a buddy, huge Indians fan....  Man did he give us shit anytime Percy faced the Tribe....  We had nothing to fight back with.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Af25, Tank and myself had a buddy, huge Indians fan....  Man did he give us shit anytime Percy faced the Tribe....  We had nothing to fight back with.

I would have just pointed out he was from Cleveland. 

2 hours ago, red321 said:

The 2000 season, where it seemed anything he threw the Indians hit hard?