• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Life

You should buy a shovel, dig a rectangular hole about 6 feet long and 3 feet wide and five feet deep. Take the dirt and suspend it above the hole in a coarse canvas bag, climb into the hole and lie on the bottom and pull the rope that releases the dirt.

You can get all your supplies at the Lowe's or Home Depot next Saturday.

13 hours ago, calscuf said:

I was trying to find a gif that would exemplify the current state of my life and I’ve settled on this one;

E5D742C3-F7F0-46F5-9EBE-6F309A42FA82.gif

What about you?

Pretty much sums up my life lately...though I prefer Lowe's...as our handyman says, Lowe's is prefect for the housewife who doesn't know what she's looking for while real men go to Home Depot.

3 hours ago, yk9001 said:

I'm just happy that Calscuf is out of his "Yosemite Sam mudflaps" phase on the message board.

That one was always a headscratcher to me.

You never noticed that some cars driven by Latinos had every accessory available at Pep Boys?  Nothing fancy, mind you, just what was available at Pep Boys.

11 hours ago, calscuf said:

You never noticed that some cars driven by Latinos had every accessory available at Pep Boys?  Nothing fancy, mind you, just what was available at Pep Boys.

Latinos and Yosemite Sam

Never ever ever saw the connection.

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Latinos and Yosemite Sam

Never ever ever saw the connection.

It was my go to cheap car accessory that Latinos seem to love so much.  In retrospect, I guess it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Dammit.

On 7/10/2018 at 10:38 AM, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

Resurface/coat the garage floors before you move in!  It is such an easy project when everything is out of there but impossible to do once you move in.  It's my advice to everyone before they move into a home. 

Its a great idea, but sounds super impractical in real life.  On Maslow's hierarchy of needs when moving into a home, resurfacing the garage floor is going to be up near the top of the pyramid.

37 minutes ago, red321 said:

And remove popcorn from the ceiling! We did that before we moved in in our new place a few weeks ago.

When my mom passed away, I took care of the estate, while my brother got the house in good enough condition to sell (two smokers living 30 years in a house)...

My brother did a great job.  He is in commercial real estate and knows what he is doing.  He and the realtor, after considering all the issues, decided on passing on removing the popcorn, and repainting the shit out of it.

House sold easily.  I talked to my mom's neighbors a month after the house sold, and asked how the new buyers are.  They said the buyers didn't move in for weeks.  They were removing the popcorn.

It wasn't high on our list of things to do, but we were doing some other work on the house and weren't moving in right away so we decided what the hell. Our contractor told me how to do it and he supervised while I did the grunt work. As long as it wasn't applied before the mid 70's and laden with asbestos it's not hard at all.  Prep is really the big thing. Now that it's done though...so glad we did it.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

It wasn't high on our list of things to do, but we were doing some other work on the house and weren't moving in right away so we decided what the hell. Our contractor told me how to do it and he supervised while I did the grunt work. As long as it wasn't applied before the mid 70's and laden with asbestos it's not hard at all.  Prep is really the big thing. Now that it's done though...so glad we did it.

First thing we did when we bought our house:  my buddy and I, with floor scrapers, removed the entire upstairs ceiling popcorn.  We didn’t wet it before, we just scraped the dry shit off and then tore the carpets out and tossed it all in the giant trash bin. Man, we were covered in the white stuff.

Anyways, when our Mesothelioma isn’t acting up, we like to reminisce about those fun times.