• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Saw this trade idea linked on MLBTR

I wouldn't do Canning as he's better than Fulmer, who is a solid #3/4 starter.  But Matt Thaiss is pretty much completely blocked unless Pujols retires, so he's a good candidate to be dealt.  I wouldn't want to trade Brandon Marsh just like that.  This team already has a hard enough time developing hitters as is, but to develop left handed hitters like Thaiss and Marsh and trade them away is a bad idea from a logical standpoint. 

But you do have to give talent to get it. 

So for Fulmer and Castellanos I would trade Thaiss, Hermosillo and Suarez.  

And there's good reason to believe the Tigers would be interested in that.  Young, close to MLB ready talent is hard to come by.  We aren't offering them lottery tickets down in rookie ball, these are three players finding degrees of success in AAA that will be MLB ready in 2019.  Thaiss projects to be a solid everyday starting 1B, Hermosillo an underrated but decent starting outfielder and Suarez, a solid #3/4/5 starter that logs a ton of K's. 

Works for everybody.  The Angels keep to keep rolling out Pujols and expecting something different to happen while keeping Marsh and Canning, and the Tigers improve almost immediately.  Oh and we can probably trade Calhoun for a reliever, and that would be nice. 

9 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Machado would cost 3 top 100 prospects easily. Including a top 25. 

Machado with 3 years of control would cost Adell, Marsh, Canning, and Suarez.

back up the truck, buddy. are you saying we wouldn't be able to get machado for marte, cowart, and valbuena?? i'm calling bulll.

17 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

At first I just read it as us giving all that for Fulmer, which was an easy hell no, but Castellanos is really good.

Haha that’s exactly what I did and thought this is ridiculous until I saw “front line bat” and then re-read it. It is a pretty fair trade. Castellanos would look mighty nice in our lineup. My concern is Fulmer and his 2018 numbers.  And I really like Canning. Would be tough for me to trade him. 

Edited by jordan

2 hours ago, jordan said:

Haha that’s exactly what I did and thought this is ridiculous until I saw “front line bat” and then re-read it. It is a pretty fair trade. Castellanos would look mighty nice in our lineup. My concern is Fulmer and his 2018 numbers.  And I really like Canning. Would be tough for me to trade him. 

The main concern for me is Fulmer and his injury history. Then put him on the Angels and it’s bound to get worse.

Focusing solely on Castellanos, who would solve the long playing 3B problem assuming they can re-sign him after 2019, what would it take to pry him from Detroit?    Although only having 1.5 seasons to FA as of now does make an acquisition still a little questionable, would it lessen what Detroit would want in return?    Would be cheaper per season ultimately, than either Machado or Arenado would be.  

Canning, to me, is one of the untouchable players on the farm, along with obviously Adell for starters.

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Focusing solely on Castellanos, who would solve the long playing 3B problem assuming they can re-sign him after 2019, what would it take to pry him from Detroit?    Although only having 1.5 seasons to FA as of now does make an acquisition still a little questionable, would it lessen what Detroit would want in return?    Would be cheaper per season ultimately, than either Machado or Arenado would be.  

Canning, to me, is one of the untouchable players on the farm, along with obviously Adell for starters.

For the Angels, no young farm product is untouchable.

Who did the Angels get for Segura and Corbin?