• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Saw this trade idea linked on MLBTR

https://theinfieldchatter.blogspot.com/2018/07/trade-fair-fulmer-and-castellanos-leave.html

"The Trade:  The Tigers trade Fulmer and Castellanos to the Angels for 1B Matt Thaiss, OF Brandon Marsh, and RHP Griffin Canning."

"What the Angels are getting:  A frontline starter to aid a beleaguered rotation and a #3 hitter to slot behind Mike Trout.  While Fulmer’s 2018 numbers suggest that he hasn’t enjoyed the same success as his 2016 Rookie of the Year effort or last year, he still ranks 36th in Fangraphs WAR among MLB starting pitchers (thanks, Kurt Mensching), and he’s been posting career-high velocities on both his four seamer and sinker.  The 25-year-old would instantly become the ace of the Angels’ rotation and bolster a pitching corps that has been ravaged by injuries—six Angel pitchers have already underwent arm surgeries so far this year. 

Castellanos would give Angels Manager Mike Scioscia a lethal bat in the 3-hole.  His .305/.356/.519 slash line and 3.0 oWAR ensure that he’d be a massive upgrade over incumbent RF Kole Calhoun, whose .497 OPS ranks last in the A.L. at the position. 

Even if the Angels are unable to catch the Astros or Mariners this season, this trade would satisfy GM Billy Eppler’s main objective, which is to put the Halos in the best possible position to win before Trout’s contract expires after 2020.  Castellanos won’t become a free agent until after next season, while Fulmer will not be eligible to leave until after 2022."

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It's actually a fair trade proposal. I wouldn't do it because I think Canning will be better than Fulmer but replace him with Suarez and Ward and I'd absolutely do it. 

I was coming on here to post replacing Suarez with Canning.  

How many more years is Castellanos under control?  

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Giving up waaaaaay too much. That's the kind of package you trade for someone like Machado if he had multiple years of control.

Machado would cost 3 top 100 prospects easily. Including a top 25. 

Machado with 3 years of control would cost Adell, Marsh, Canning, and Suarez.

Given that we think this is too much, and the Tigers fans there think it's not nearly enough, leads me to believe this is a fair proposal. Everyone overvalues what they have and undervalues what they get.

2 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

Fulmer, Skaggs, Canning, Heaney, Ohtani, and Barria would be a great rotation potentially.

Suarez is an excellent trade piece, due to already having Skaggs and Heaney with lots of club control.

Castellanos solves the long playing 3B issue.

Move Ward to 1B then?

20 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Fulmer, Skaggs, Canning, Heaney, Ohtani, and Barria would be a great rotation potentially.

Suarez is an excellent trade piece, due to already having Skaggs and Heaney with lots of club control.

Castellanos solves the long playing 3B issue.

Move Ward to 1B then?

If the Angels have Ward playing first, the Angels need a 1B.

Fulmer seems like the type of pitcher that'd do very well here. Castellanos would be great paired with Simmons in front of Trout, and has some defensive flexibility. 

I feel like even though we're likely out of it for '18, it's a good trade climate for the Angels. This may be the best time to trade some prospects - come this time next year we may be relying on them or they may not be posting out of their mind minor league numbers. Feels like there's an good amount of openness of teams dealing long-term assets too.

4 hours ago, Mark68 said:

The 25-year-old would instantly become the ace of the Angels’ rotation and bolster a pitching corps that has been ravaged by injuries—six Angel pitchers have already underwent arm surgeries so far this year. 

No he wouldn't, Skaggs' ERA is 1/2 of Fulmer. As soon as he would join the Angels he would need TJ surgery. No to Canning, Suarez OK.

4 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

two