• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Mike and the front office scared of Pujols?

So long as Pujols is playing regularly and batting in the middle of the order, no less, I can't imagine this team ever succeeding (i.e. a deep post season run). If the Halos are trying to get some return on the $30 mil / yr investment, they're no longer ever gonna get it by having him play every day and taking up a key spot in the order. He shouldn't be an everyday player. Does the contract limit him to just playing baseball? If not, let him go scout, be a instructor on 1B defense, throw whatever they can on the guy.

To Mike, Eppler, and the entire front office, the guy is one of the major anchors, dragging down the club, taking the excitement and air out. Please, show some creativity and cajones, slot him lower in the order, play him less, make some kind of an adjustment.

7 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

He needs to play less and bat lower in the order.

What's to argue with there? The problem is, Valbuena would have to play 1st when Albert sits, and he's worse.

It’s toss up imo. Valbuena is capable of moving.  That aspect of Alberts game is a huge problem.  When people talk about him it’s not brought up enough.  I mean with the bat they’re pretty similar Albert will get a few more to drop in but it’s sort of nullified by how worthless he is on the base paths.  It’s worse then worthless really.  He literally clogs the base paths. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s toss up imo. Valbuena is capable of moving.  That aspect of Alberts game is a huge problem.  When people talk about him it’s not brought up enough.  I mean with the bat they’re pretty similar Albert will get a few more to drop in but it’s sort of nullified by how worthless he is on the base paths.  It’s worse then worthless really.  He literally clogs the base paths. 

Yeah, he was walking to first base there yesterday on his last AB. Unreal.

10 hours ago, MPohleece said:

Does the contract limit him to just playing baseball? If not, let him go scout, be a instructor on 1B defense, throw whatever they can on the guy.

To clear up a roster spot for his replacement, he would have to be DFA. I have no problem with that although, I doubt Arte would ever do it. I think the only way Albert leaves the Angels is on his own terms. Either he finishes out his contract and he decides on his own to call it quit before that.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

23 minutes ago, Torridd said:

I agree, fan. People are too hung up with Pujols when he's not one of the biggest problems on the team.

How is he not the biggest problem ? We’re paying a guy who can’t get on base and who can’t hit and who can’t run 25 million +.  He’s under contract for 3 more years.  He’s almost 40.  He’s a future hall of famer thats going to force the Angels to get rid of him, but they have to do it very properly or the baseball talking head assholes are going create a huge shit storm because of RESPEK.   He’s the absolute tip of the spear when it comes to the Angels biggest problems in so many ways. 

Albert isn’t the Angels only problem but he’s definitely the most gigantic one.

Edited by UndertheHalo

I'll wait to complain until next year.  This was his make or break year.  He got healthy for the first time in years and this was the year where we would see if he could put up some decent numbers.  He didn't.  His slash line is nearly identical to last season.  So he needs to retire or like he said he would or the front office has to do something about it.  

For now at least he's still hitting fairly well with RISP.