• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What would be your line up

16 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Asking me to share my lineup with this team is like asking me how I would arrange, frame, mount and display a group of 9 baseball cards that includes Rob Wilfong and Bobby Clark.

What is the point?

I get it, this thread isn’t for you.  Sorry you had to read it.  

51 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I get it, this thread isn’t for you.  Sorry you had to read it.  

It was tongue in cheek, not literally dismissive.

I like reading lineup ideas.

I would set a lineup where Trout bats third, then just start the first inning with Trout's spot.

That is, until the team had better options at 1 and 2.

On 7/7/2018 at 8:00 PM, Mark68 said:

Simmons

Fletcher

Trout

Upton

Ohtani

Pujols

Kinsler

Maldonado

Calhoun

This is pretty much dead on for me as well.  If Kole continues the uptick i might shift him up a little pending matchups, but otherwise, yep  

I'd want Fletcher in the lineup every day... so, it really comes down to if I want Valbuena or Kinsler? 

2B Fletcher

SS Simmons

CF Trout

LF Upton

DH Ohtani

1B Pujols

3B Valbuena/Marte platoon

C Maldonado

RF Calhoun

There are 4 players that clearly should be in the top.   Simmons, Trout, Upton, Ohtani. 

The rest available aren’t good. 

Kinsler, Cozart, Pujols, Valbuena and Maldonado have all been on the very low end of what could be expected and Calhoun just tanked. 

A turd laid by 70% of the teams players. 

Which I think is your point. You can’t shuffle the existing roster into a viable lineup. 

My point wasn’t to point out what we have and don’t have really.  I kinda just created this thread to share my idea of moving Upton’s bat in front of Trout instead of behind him.  Upton has been poor with RISP but he has a .340 OBP.  Trout doesn’t seem to get a ton of at bats with guys on base, so having a .340 OBP guy in front of him would help.  Simmons puts the ball in play a ton and has the highest average and second highest OBP on the team, and he has done that with no protection in the line up this year (I know protection is a myth).  Also Simmons sprays the ball to all fields so with the right side of the infield open with Trout on first a ton, it would open up that up for Simmons.  That was really my point Doc.  

1 hour ago, The Boogie Man said:

My point wasn’t to point out what we have and don’t have really.  I kinda just created this thread to share my idea of moving Upton’s bat in front of Trout instead of behind him.  Upton has been poor with RISP but he has a .340 OBP.  Trout doesn’t seem to get a ton of at bats with guys on base, so having a .340 OBP guy in front of him would help.  Simmons puts the ball in play a ton and has the highest average and second highest OBP on the team, and he has done that with no protection in the line up this year (I know protection is a myth).  Also Simmons sprays the ball to all fields so with the right side of the infield open with Trout on first a ton, it would open up that up for Simmons.  That was really my point Doc.  

Well in regards to the OBP thing, they commented on that in last night broadcast to and the whole time i thought to myself, well, what do we expect when hes batting behind a bad leadoff hitters and a questionable bottom third?

Its on Scoscia really, he should have adjusted the lineup in regard to that and recognized that long ago and put Simmons and other in front of him and moved Trout down to the 3 months ago.  Simmons should have always been in the 2 IMO.

With where we are now i would have Simmons and Fletcher at the top, maybe leave Kinsler there a little longer just to keep trade value up but id move him immediately and put Simba and Feltch ahead of Trout yesterday. 

On 7/7/2018 at 11:54 PM, mulwin444 said:

SS - Simmons

LF - Upton 

CF - Trout

DH - Ohtani

1B - Pujols 

RF - Calhoun

2B - Kinsler

C - Maldonado 

3B - Fletcher

But, honestly, they should start seeing what they can get for Kinsler, Valbuena, and Calhoun...might get lucky...and bring up Thaiss, Ward, and JMF to see what they can do on a daily basis

In terms of the line-up in general, I want Trout batting 2nd regardless of who else is in it.  Find some guys, any really that can get on base batting 9th and 1st so there is a greater chance of someone being on when he bats and just accept that any thing after is a toss up.

Okay, I'm warming to the idea of putting Upton in a less RISP, but nice OBP, spot.

Vs RHP:  Calhoun, Upton, Trout, Ohtani, Simba, Pujols, Valbuena (3B), Machete/Briceno, Fletcher (2B)

Vs LHP:  Fletcher (3B), Upton, Trout, Simba, Pujols, Marte (DH), Kinsler, Machete/Briceno, Calhoun