• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kole the Leadoff Dude!

1 minute ago, nando714 said:

What was the teams record when Cozy led off 

Baseballreference.com will answer most of these questions.  My guess is good and my guess is you’ll try to correlate that to something it’s not, similar to this thread.  

Fletch for leadoff! He has speed and moxie! He has a compact swing that is less likely to slump than Kole's long swing!! He Ks about half the times Kole does!!! He walks about four times as often as Kole!!!

And he's hitting over .200!!!!

David Fletchstein for permanent leadoff!!!! 

The Legend begins.....................

41 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Fletch for leadoff! He has speed and moxie! He has a compact swing that is less likely to slump than Kole's long swing!! He Ks about half the times Kole does!!! He walks about four times as often as Kole!!!

Fletcher will get his opportunities  ... l like the kid 

1 hour ago, WeatherWonk said:

Your exclamation mark key gets banged more than a Kardashian at the NBA All-Star game.

25 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Personally, I would rather have Simmons lead off and have Fletcher hit second.  Fletcher would be great for hit-and-runs.

I just really prefer Trout at #2. That high OBP is wasted at #3. 

It's a small sample, but in the 7 games Trout has hit third, he's hitting .217 with ONE RBI on one bases empty HR. Yet his OBP is still .379.

3 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

1. Upton 2. Fletcher 3. Trout 4. Ohtani 5. Simmons 6. Pujols 7. Kinsler 8. Catcher 9. Calhoun

Upton has good plate discipline with a .340 OBP, but he is not clutch. Much better as a table setter.  

Fletcher can handle the bat well, great player for hit-and-runs.

Trout should have runners on base for him and clutch hitters behind him.

Not bad, not bad. Good reasoning.

I think I'd switch Kinsler and Calhoun. No slugs clogging the top.