• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If the Mariner's play .500 from here on out..............

.............the Angels would have to go 50-24 to pass them by one game for the WC. Irrespective of what OAK might do and irrespective of what happens in the ten remaining games with SEA, we have to go 50-24. Basically, we have to play .670 baseball for the rest of the year. How likely is this scenario? The first part is possible, the second part highly improbable.

OK, let's say SEA plays at ten games under .500 from here on out or .430 baseball. They would finish with 88 wins. We would have to go 45-29 or play .600 ball for the rest of the year. How likely is this scenario? The first part is improbable, the second part is still very improbable.

Or, to put it statistically, we apparently have only a 1.5% chance of making the playoffs right now. Seattle has an 88% chance. OAK is at around 9%.

I sure hope we arent buyers at the deadline for any kind of short term rental. Surely Eppler is smarter than that, right? .

Just now, Vladdylonglegs said:

Or when you are 44-44 and in 4th place in your division. Tipping your cap gets old when you have one of the highest payrolls every year and you've had one of the best players the game has ever seen the past 7 years.

So when you look at this team does it look like a playoff team?

1 minute ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Or when you are 44-44 and in 4th place in your division. Tipping your cap gets old when you have one of the highest payrolls every year and you've had one of the best players the game has ever seen the past 7 years.

That has nothing to do with what I posted, Claude.

4 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Douchebag? Because I'm critical of a professional baseball team? I have other definitions of a douchebag.

No because when you ask a question and it was answered and i used your own words against your question you decided it was a troll post.   While you are looking up the definition of douchebag also look up the definition of excuse.  

I am a major Angels fan and I hate seeing them lose, but with the way the Yankees and Redsox are playing this year, I don't think it would matter how we finish. This Is a good chance for us to bring up some prospects and get a taste of what they can do, I believe we are a few good pieces away from being really good, well maybe an overhaul of the bullpen too.

6 hours ago, tennischmp said:

Except they are not even close to that. If they were on pace for maybe a 90 win season, even a 85 win one, your statement may be valid

How is this so difficult to understand?

It doesn't matter that they aren't having a good season. They would need to be on pace to win 100 games to be in the middle of the playoff race. 

They win 95 games, they miss the playoffs. They win 82 games, they miss the playoffs. 

Obviously I'd rather they win 95 but either way they're playing golf in October. It's a miracle they're even a game above .500 honestly.

8 hours ago, ronaldcm said:

I am a major Angels fan and I hate seeing them lose, but with the way the Yankees and Redsox are playing this year, I don't think it would matter how we finish. This Is a good chance for us to bring up some prospects and get a taste of what they can do, I believe we are a few good pieces away from being really good, well maybe an overhaul of the bullpen too.

You mean “but the way the Astros and Indians are playing this year.”

Stros are better than either BOS or NYY and so are the Indians. Cleveland had a slow start and injuries but they will be kicking some ass the rest of the way.

Yankees, Bosox, meh...