• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If the Orioles want to get the most for Machado. . .

They should be:

1). actively working with him privately on his real.desire of where he wants to play.

2).trying to orchestrate a trade where the acquiring team has a window to lock him up.

A team that can have the trade turn into having Machado for the long term will give up more than a team who only get a him for half a season.

Of course, Machado would have to want to play along.  But why not?  If he can't land where he wants at the contract he wants, nothing happens anyway.  So he has no downside.

You guys realize he has a career 120 OPS+? This year he is putting up Free Agency numbers just like Cozart did last season, a year well above career norm. 

Now I don't believe Machado is complete fools gold on the market next year and is rolling into his prime seasons but I think he is getting gross over pay in dollars and years. And that means he won't be on Eppler's radar. 

8 hours ago, GoodTimesGoneBad said:

It's been reported that he's testing free agency no matter what. I think everyone knows he's going to be a yankee next year. 

Ivw heard that too....but im not so sure.

Stanton is already a huge contract. Judge likely gets a trout type extension in the next 2 years. Then you have all their young guys getting more expensive in the next few...

The yankees have a ton of money, obviously. But 3 huge contracts (stanton, machado and judge) might even be a but much for them.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

What's Machado's dog's name? That will confirm where he ends up next season.

He doesn't have a dog.  He has a parrot.

His parrot is a big fan of Mark Langston's Captain Morgan commercials.

Morgan Ensberg used to play for the Astros

The Astros mascot name is Orbit.

Satellites orbit the earth

Therefore, I have no idea on earth where he's going.

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

... it's Monday.

Rick Monday played the majority of his career with the Dodgers

The Dodgers play at Chavez Ravine

Eric Chavez played for the Oakland A's

Then again Josh Ravin plays for the Atlanta Braves

It's a brave new world - Machado could end up in any city between Atlanta and Oakland.

The Dogs have a lot of available space under the luxury tax for 2019 ($130 million committed payroll), as Kershaw is their only huge contract.    There are some arb eligible guys that could drive that $130 million payroll for 2019 significantly higher.  

They will definately be in on Machado or Harper.  

54 minutes ago, True Grich said:

He doesn't have a dog.  He has a parrot.

His parrot is a big fan of Mark Langston's Captain Morgan commercials.

Morgan Ensberg used to play for the Astros

The Astros mascot name is Orbit.

Satellites orbit the earth

Therefore, I have no idea on earth where he's going.

Your math and science appear to be legit.  I can only conclude you are correct.