• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are the Angels simply 2 players away?

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Uh, again the original post covered that just fine for the other 99% of people reading it.

It's not personal dude.  Your posts are just not to the level of contribution or quality I enjoy.  There is a lack of mental discipline and then of course you are very sensitive.

None of that is personal, it's just observation and I am entitled to my own observations.

ill take condescending asinine posts for $100 alex... lol 

43 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Regarding Donaldson, please NO

33 years old in December and regressing

I’m not sure who’s pipe you’re smoking but there’s nobody close to Donaldson offensively  in our infield. Btw his defense ain’t to shabby too. The guy is a all star caliber player who’s numbers are down somewhat due to injury (left calf strain).

I’m advocating kicking the tires and if the price is right you sign him and don’t look back. 

Silver lining : you get a big bat like Donaldson and AP moves further down the lineup:)

14 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I’m not sure who’s pipe you’re smoking but there’s nobody close to Donaldson offensively  in our infield. Btw his defense ain’t to shabby too. The guy is a all star caliber player who’s numbers are down somewhat due to injury (left calf strain).

I’m advocating kicking the tires and if the price is right you sign him and don’t look back. 

Silver lining : you get a big bat like Donaldson and AP moves further down the lineup:  gets sent out back and gets shot Old Yeller style.)

Fixed that for ya. No need to thank me.

15 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Silver lining : you get a big bat like Donaldson and AP moves further down the lineup:)

Shoulder inflammation and now over a year's worth of calf problems. The price is going to have to be stupid low for this to make sense.

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

That list turns my stomach if I am trying to build a team that has any chance in a postseason.

I see two pitchers on that list I would hand the ball to in the postseason series (Skaggs and Heaney) and both times ideally they would be my #3 starter in the postseason.

Well I guess you didn't see that without Grich we could probably use a premium starter. I dont think we need to add one if we have Richard's.  I believe a lock down pen like we had with Krod and Shields is more important that a dominant starter. 

Ramirez, Meyers, and Shoemaker does have promise in the pen.

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

That list turns my stomach if I am trying to build a team that has any chance in a postseason.

I see two pitchers on that list I would hand the ball to in the postseason series (Skaggs and Heaney) and both times ideally they would be my #3 starter in the postseason.

Also I dont know why you have doubts with Barria.  I love the kid!

5 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I don't think the Angels need to spend money on offense this off-season, that includes Maldonado, I think he should be traded.  

I couldn't disagree with more. No need to create a weakness.

7 hours ago, ronaldcm said:

Why are there so many stuck on signing Macado? Do they not follow MLB news, he only wants to be a ss, we already have one of the best.

Lots of times game recognizes game.  If he wanted to play for the Angels having to play third wouldn’t keep him from signing here.  He knows Simmons is better defensively.  

do we want to give Donaldson even 2 years and 10 million.  Even that sounds terrible to me.  Angels need to only be using external guys like Donaldson if they’re in the mix and as a rental.  We’ve all seen many times that these kinds of commitments to guys in their mid 30’s don’t work out.  Especially for fielders. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just a couple of things. I’d love to have Machado. But no way I sign him if I’m a GM. He’s statistically the worst SS in the game right now. 

I would also say no to Donaldson. Next year we will have (in my opinion) 

LF - Upton

CF - Trout 

RF - Kole - (Upgrade?)

3B - Fletcher 

SS - Simba

2B - Cozart 

1B - Albert. 

C - Maldy.

DH - Ohtani. 

This is isn’t a bad lineup at all. We know who we got coming up in the farm. But it we can all agree on that they are a few years away. Time will tell. But personally I would focus heavy on slightly above average relievers and elite starters. Easier said then done I know. 

27 minutes ago, WeaverFever said:

Just a couple of things. I’d love to have Machado. But no way I sign him if I’m a GM. He’s statistically the worst SS in the game right now. 

I would also say no to Donaldson. Next year we will have (in my opinion) 

LF - Upton

CF - Trout 

RF - Kole - (Upgrade?)

3B - Fletcher 

SS - Simba

2B - Cozart 

1B - Albert. 

C - Maldy.

DH - Ohtani. 

This is isn’t a bad lineup at all. We know who we got coming up in the farm. But it we can all agree on that they are a few years away. Time will tell. But personally I would focus heavy on slightly above average relievers and elite starters. Easier said then done I know. 

That's the same line-up we have this year, and were fighting to hold onto 4th place. I agree with Dtwncbad, we need offensive upgrades, and I don't think our prospects are ready yet. Let's don't rush them. Two superstars would really be nice, but two quality upgrades (like we thought we were getting in Cozart, and Kinsler), would sure be helpful. The bull-pen problems should be discussed in another topic, because it is a problem, but this topic seems to be more centered about offence. 

I disagree that the focus should be on pitching. I think they need to get a legitimate back end bullpen guy.  Additional bullpen pieces I think we just need to keep doing what we’re doing.  To me it doesn’t make sense to invest significant money into mid relievers.  Not a lot of evidence that is something that works. 

Imo the Angels need significantly work on the line up.  As far as I’m concerned, this year has to be Alberts last as an everyday player.  I also think they probably need to walk away from Calhoun.  I mean we’ll see how he finishes up the year.  But I’m not optimistic.  I don’t think him batting .250 or .240 down the stretch is a good enough signal to plan on him being a regular player.  We just can’t have these gaping failures all over the line up.  It not something that can be overcome in any consistent fashion. 

You know, we had great bullpens and pitching in the mid 2000’s.  We had a shitty line up and in the end it always killed us.  The same thing is going to keep happening.  We can’t keep leaning on  terrible hitters like Kole Calhoun and Albert Pujols.  I mean, for fucks sake.  We’ve got these guys leading off and batting in the heart of the order. 

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

do we want to give Donaldson even 2 years and 10 million.  Even that sounds terrible to me.  Angels need to only be using external guys like Donaldson if they’re in the mix and as a rental.  We’ve all seen many times that these kinds of commitments to guys in their mid 30’s don’t work out.  Especially for fielders. 

Come on you’re better than this ... nobody was referring to Josh Hamilton 

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

Come on you’re better than this ... nobody was referring to Josh Hamilton 

Maybe I’m exaggerating with the 2 yr/ 10 mil.  That might be worth rolling the dice.  Not enthusiastically but whatever.  I guess.  Anyway it’s non factor.  We both know he’s not signing for that.  Odds are if we signed him he’d get like 3 years and 45 million and he’ll be old and shitty for us.  Like Steve Finley or Bobby Abreu ended up being.  We’ve seen this stupid story before. 

Sorry, color me unethused.  Sort of sick of watching that shit with the Angels. 

Anyway, I think the Angels have stopped being this kind of dumb with Billy Eppler.  Mostly. 

Edited by UndertheHalo