• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Mariners (7/4/18) Albert is hitting 5th today

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Tdawg reminds me of Jeff from Chuck, I just picture that he looks like Jeff too.

I don't really see the resemblance, but I'm glad someone else here likes Chuck (not the AW admin lol). I will say that some people here remind me of John Casey (Adam Baldwin's character).

I wish they made a new season/film to make up for the horrible series finale.

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

I think it will remain the same. I saw this coming right before Ohtani got hurt

Yep and it seems likely that Ohtani moves up to the 5 spot and Pujols to 6 spot. Or even put Ohtani to cleanup and Upton to 6th. Either way, Ohtani needs to move up sooner than later. 

10 minutes ago, failos said:

I don't really see the resemblance, but I'm glad someone else here likes Chuck (not the AW admin lol). I will say that some people here remind me of John Casey (Adam Baldwin's character).

I wish they made a new season/film to make up for the horrible series finale.

Its the way he says a few funny awkward things like Jeff lol. Its like what Jeff would be like if he's an Angels fan & posts here.
They basicly rebooted Chuck with a show called Limitless on CBS but it was cancelled in 2016 after 1 season, instead of a intersect he takes a Pill that turns him into superbrain & its a slapstick Comedy like Chuck.

53 minutes ago, jordan said:

Yep and it seems likely that Ohtani moves up to the 5 spot and Pujols to 6 spot. Or even put Ohtani to cleanup and Upton to 6th. Either way, Ohtani needs to move up sooner than later. 

It will be later imo ... Trout/Upton hopefully stay at 3&4 spot. I guessing you could try Ohtani in the 2 nd spot.

19 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

It will be later imo ... Trout/Upton hopefully stay at 3&4 spot. I guessing you could try Ohtani in the 2 nd spot.

Upton’s sub .600 RISP OPS should be anywhere below 5th in the order.

For now, best lineup is:

Calhoun/Fletcher, Simba, Trout, Ohtani, Pujols, Upton, Kinsler/Valnobuena, Machete/Briceno, Fletcher/Calhoun

1 hour ago, Scioscia4MVP said:

Its the way he says a few funny awkward things like Jeff lol. Its like what Jeff would be like if he's an Angels fan & posts here.
They basicly rebooted Chuck with a show called Limitless on CBS but it was cancelled in 2016 after 1 season, instead of a intersect he takes a Pill that turns him into superbrain & its a slapstick Comedy like Chuck.

I've seen Limitless and I liked it a lot. Chuck is way better though. Any other shows your watching? I'm out of good shows to watch

38 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Upton’s sub .600 RISP OPS should be anywhere below 5th in the order.

For now, best lineup is:

Calhoun/Fletcher, Simba, Trout, Ohtani, Pujols, Upton, Kinsler/Valnobuena, Machete/Briceno, Fletcher/Calhoun

Ohtani batting cleanup is something to consider in the furture not now.

57 minutes ago, failos said:

I've seen Limitless and I liked it a lot. Chuck is way better though. Any other shows your watching? I'm out of good shows to watch

As far as similaritys to Chuck & Limitless there isn't really anything out there but in the Spy genre there is Blacklist on NBC/Netflix & Person of Interest CBS/Netflix that are fun. The latter ended already. John Casey is basicly like the main guy in Person of Interest, latter seasons added a female John Casey thats even cooler. Person of Interest is about when AI monitors the whole world via cameras/web & gives the info to a tech billionaire who invented the machine for the goverment but doesn't trust them to save average people so he takes apon himself to recruit Mr Reese(super agent john casey guy) to help him, he shoots bad guys in kneecaps cause his employer hates it when he kills, that show explores the idea of what would happen if such powerful AI existed & how goverments/agencys would try to manipulate it.

The whole Chuck trying to find his parents & the Sarah/Chuck relationship was used in Haven on SyFy/Netflix even with a similar ending involving memory loss but thats a paranormal show almost like Supernatural except it had a ending in season 5.

I also had fun watching Travelers on Netflix which is like Time Travel tech meets Person of Interest.

That was a fun game yesterday, had a little bit of everything.   Calhoun going off, Ohtani looking like April-May Ohtani, Valnobuena actually having a multi-hit game, good balance in the lineup, Fletcher's grab to strand two runners, Chernobyl Robles' stranding the bases loaded after no outs, and BedRock Jr. stranding runners and only allowing a bloop hit  

Let's do it again tonight!    A win puts their 2018 record in Seattle at a reasonable 4-5.

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

@Angel Oracle I like this version of AO much better than the old man screaming at the clouds version.  Not that anything is wrong with yelling at the clouds every now and then...

I still yell at them in reality occasionally to get their butts back here, and end these mostly drought November-March periods since 2012.