• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A bird in hand is worth. . .

3 hours ago, Griffey's Corner said:

Except when he is wrong. To advocate Hand coming in here would be stupid.

Let me give you some facts.

1. Hand is not very good. 

2. His ERA is over 3 as a closer and he has cost the Padres quite a few games. If he was so great the Padres would not consider shopping him. Yankees never shopped Mariano Rivera.

3. Bedrosian has put up very similar numbers in his career and this year.

4. You guys should do a better job of understanding that when a player comes over from the NL they do not do as well in the AL. Especially pitchers. The DH alone adds about .75 to the average ERA. For some pitchers it affects more than others but the baseball consensus is that is ranges between .5 to a full run increase.  So Hand's ERA as a closer would be right around 4.... worse than what we have now.

5. You guys want to give up some premium prospects.... it will not be cheap to acquire him

6. THE SEASON IS OVER.

Listen, Genius....    At no point have I lobbied to make trades, much less for Hand -- you're basically stroking yourself off with every post arguing with the voices in your head.

I called you out for ignorantly using his raw career ERA (which included his career as a SP), in your efforts to discredit Hand and your incorrectly arguing that Petco was the best pitcher's park in MLB.   ERA as a whole is a bad measure for RPs, raw ERA is even worse.    I didn't think a person could get dumber but then you doubled down and used pitcher W/L to again talk down Hand.  

I was 100% correct in making those statements.  You're just too full of yourself to actually pay attention to what's been said partially because you're too eager to pop off with some other self aggrandizing triipe where you think you're educating others on things you clearly aren't that familiar with in the first place.

Hope that clears up our positions on things... 

2 hours ago, Griffey's Corner said:

ERA is the BEST stat when gauging a pitcher's performance..... always has been.... always will.

and while I do not get caught up in wins and losses too much..... after all isn't the bottom line.... did you win the game? QB's in football are judged and looked at by wins and losses.

ERA has never been predictive, never will be.    It's a measure of past events completely devoid of context which is why someone would be ignorant to compare the ERAs of Bedrosian and Hand then call them equals.

Edited by Inside Pitch

3 hours ago, The Boogie Man said:

I like how FACT 1. Is Hand is not very good.   Sorry but comparing Hand to Cam Bedrosian makes you look like a complete moron.  Hand as a reliever has a WHIP just over 1, and an ERA just over 3.  Bedrosian has a WHIP of 1.4 and an ERA of 3.86.  

The real Fact #1 is that I never advocated trading for Hand....   I'm one of the very few people on this board that felt the Angels would miss the playoffs going into the season.  I've been about 2019 since 2017....    

3 hours ago, Griffey's Corner said:

Than you have not been reading what I have been saying & your reading comprehension is not good.

This is priceless coming from the guy who took my pointing out his errors to mean I was advocating trading for Hand.  

You don't read gud, dood.

Edited by Inside Pitch

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Listen, Genius....    At no point have I lobbied to make trades, much less for Hand -- you're basically stroking yourself off with every post arguing with the voices in your head.

I called you out for ignorantly using his raw career ERA (which included his career as a SP), in your efforts to discredit Hand and your incorrectly arguing that Petco was the best pitcher's park in MLB.   ERA as a whole is a bad measure for RPs, raw ERA is even worse.    I didn't think a person could get dumber but then you doubled down and used pitcher W/L to again talk down Hand.  

I was 100% correct in making those statements.  You're just too full of yourself to actually pay attention to what's been said partially because you're too eager to pop off with some other self aggrandizing triipe where you think you're educating others on things you clearly aren't that familiar with in the first place.

Hope that clears up our positions on things... 

ERA has never been predictive, never will be.    It's a measure of past events completely devoid of context which is why someone would be ignorant to compare the ERAs of Bedrosian and Hand then call them equals.

allow me . . . 

Griffey's Corner continues to post like a dumbass 

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

Yes.  Here is the scouting report:

Wings it a bit. History of a soar arm.  Feathers in his floater. Mostly unflappable, but when ruffled, recovers and lands on his feet.  Extreme flay ball pitcher.

Don’t forget the amount of fowl ball outs he gets, dumbass.

25 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Don’t forget the amount of fowl ball outs he gets, dumbass.

I know what a dodo, right?  But it was so obvious I was chicken to write it.  You are right I misses it.  Time to eat crow.

My real excuse is I was diatracted thinking about the lead singer of no doubt.  I wanna peg gwen.

On 7/4/2018 at 11:20 AM, Griffey's Corner said:

ERA is the BEST stat when gauging a pitcher's performance..... always has been.... always will.

and while I do not get caught up in wins and losses too much..... after all isn't the bottom line.... did you win the game? QB's in football are judged and looked at by wins and losses.

ERA and wins and losses to judge a relief pitcher?

The Twilight Zone.  This is your own personal view into talking baseball with a 10 years old in 1975.