• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels @ Orioles 6/29 Gameday thread: Calhoun leading off

Glen

1 minute ago, mulwin444 said:

Calhoun since coming off the DL:

.321 .406 OBP .978 OPS 2 HR 3 RBI 4 BB 1 SO 171 OPS+

Doubt that's close to sustainable but, if he can come close to .340 OBP, that blows what we've been getting Kinsler out of the water.

And with that hot streak, his average is up to a cool .169.

5 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

And with that hot streak, his average is up to a cool .169.

Better than .144, right?  I want them to win so, why would I care where the F the help is coming from as it keeps coming? 

Mike continuing to put Kinsler in there felt like a courtesy to a vet so at least he's finally moved on.

5 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Better than .144, right?  I want them to win so, why would I care where the F the help is coming from as it keeps coming? 

Mike continuing to put Kinsler in there felt like a courtesy to a vet so at least he's finally moved on.

He'll move back tomorrow.

9 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Which means nothing going forward.  

7 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

I'm just stating the stats here. Don't shoot the messenger. This team is in shambles right now. I doubt Kole being in the lead off spot of Kinsler is going to change that.

I am glad Kole is doing well since his return though.

10 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Kinsler's numbers in past 33 at bats (not pretty):  .152/.152/.242/.394

You are supposed to be trending up, so that the Halos can get more than gumballs, presidential memoirs, etc. for you in trade in late July.   After which, Ward can take 3B, Fletcher can take 2B, Thaiss can share at bats with Pujols and Ohtani, and the push towards 2019 gains some momentum.

2 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

His OPS is up almost 100 points from where it was. Small sample size but he might be moving towards the mean now

You have to wonder what occurred when he was put on the DL. It's a real enigma.

12 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

This is only one game. He will have moved on when Kinsler is on the bench. From there it's up to Eppler to move him off the roster. Other than slapping a couple home runs recently, Kinsler has not provided anything that just about any replacement level player could. He really should just voluntarily retire. 

1 minute ago, Torridd said:

I feel very good about this lineup however I wish we had an alternative for Valbuena. He's just not meant to be a regular. I know bullpen assistance is coming, but will Eppler help on the offensive front? 

we do have an alternative.  A couple of them actually.  Fernandez, Thaiss and probably even Ward could play 1b instead.  

35 minutes ago, Torridd said:

I feel very good about this lineup however I wish we had an alternative for Valbuena. He's just not meant to be a regular. I know bullpen assistance is coming, but will Eppler help on the offensive front? 

.167/.205/.333/.538, that is Valnobuena's stellar June.   SMH 

He can't claim an injury slowing him down either, unlike a year ago.   He's been healthy all season, and yet a lousy .625 OPS.