• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

One of the Mets’ Aces

14 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Would you throw a couple of our top prospects together in a package for Degrom or Synderrgard? Seems like an Eppler style trade, being as they are signed for multiple years and are both just enetering their primes. 

So Synderrgard would join the same team his look alike twin Lamb is on ? lol

Just now, Taylor said:

I like how people think the Angels can just offer a random assortment of prospects (without including anyone in the top 5) to get a superstar return.

I hope you didn’t misread my post.  I know we would have to include both and at that point I would not do it.  If we could package one or the other along with other prospects I would strongly consider it.  

Just now, The Boogie Man said:

I hope you didn’t misread my post.  I know we would have to include both and at that point I would not do it.  If we could package one or the other along with other prospects I would strongly consider it.  

Nope, my post wasn't a response to yours. There seems to be an attitude from people here that Eppler simply needs to put together a package of prospects to get someone like Degrom or Syndegaard. I agree with you that Adell and/or Canning would need to be involved.

3 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Yeah nobody said it would be cheap to get them. The Mets are asking for a lot, and rightfully so. If it was Canning/Marsh/Jones/Gatto for Syndeergard I think you pull the trigger. Would the Mets do that? Probably not without Adell being included. And you’re right, I think at that point it doesn’t make sense for us. 

why now?  It's always at a premium around the deadline.  Then we'd waste half a season of their control.  Save your bullets for 2020.  By then, Adell will be an mlb starter and we'll have other prospect currency to offer.  I like the idea of acquiring a front of the rotation horse at some point, but it's gonna be about timing.  

2 minutes ago, Angels#1Fan said:

In the last 15 years how many true number one starters have come out of the Angels minor league system?

In the last 15 years, how many promising No. 1 starters have the Angels had in their system? Richards, Newcomb...I can't think of any others.

Syndergaard is totally overrated.  Always hurt, and has had one good season. I’m not going to overpay for him.

deGrom has a lot of innings on that arm, and although he has managed to stay healthy, you know that is sure to change before they sew the name on the back of his Angels jersey.