• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sad Stat that explains a lot!

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

And I am tired of reading excuses about our pen after we walked in the go ahead run

How does anyone believe we are going to win in close games?

Who has said we are going to win close games.  But in the same game that we walked in the go ahead run our offense has managed one run against a starting pitcher no one has ever heard of.  I get it if they don’t score a bunch off of Porcello or Price, but this guy.  The problem is so much deeper than the bullpen.  

38 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Dude google it.  We are 30 innings above average.  We are 74 more innings above Houston and 47 innings above Seattle.  

League average 274 ip in 81 games

That's 3 1/3

So all this defense because the angel relievers pitch 1/3 of an inning more than the league average?

I guess it makes sense because for the Angel's it probably take 3 or 4 more batters to get the extra out

3 hours ago, stormngt said:

Your right.  Our most successful years had lock down pens and average starters.

The difference is we are only scoring 1 or 2 runs per game too many times ....Not losing games by one or two runs ..They don't hit enough to blame the bullpen for this plight .... I will keep bring this up ...It is now 27 games against the AL elite teams -The Yankees- Bosox- Houston -Cleveland and Seattle - 27 total games this year -the Angels have scored 3 runs or less in 18 games ...You are going to find it very difficult beating those teams with that low production ..13 games we scored 2 runs or less ....That is the West Coast version of the NY Mets .

17 minutes ago, DJO said:

The difference is we are only scoring 1 or 2 runs per game too many times ....Not losing games by one or two runs ..They don't hit enough to blame the bullpen for this plight .... I will keep bring this up ...It is now 27 games against the AL elite teams -The Yankees- Bosox- Houston -Cleveland and Seattle - 27 total games this year -the Angels have scored 3 runs or less in 18 games ...You are going to find it very difficult beating those teams with that low production ..13 games we scored 2 runs or less ....That is the West Coast version of the NY Mets .

We are now 8-15 when entering the 7th inning tied or ahead by 1.

8 minutes ago, stormngt said:

We are now 8-15 when entering the 7th inning tied or ahead by 1.

Great stat but incomplete . That tells me the other team outscores us the last three innings but thats all that stat tells me -- so if our staff gives up one run in those final three is that bad ? What are we doing the last three innings ? Are we hitting ? The Angels don't have just one concern -its multiple issues ... But when you put crap on the mound I expect crap results. They are not off the hook .

But the team has spent HUGE money on the players - the positional players who should be doing much much better ...The Angels don't seem to be able to hit when they play a professional baseball team . You aren't beating the Yankees scoring 1 run ..In 6 games against them we scored 1 run four times ...We can't hit Boston either ...

The Angels can beat the snot of of Baltimore and KC til dooms day but so will Boston and the Yankees and Houston - so those wins over garbage teams doesn't help make up any ground .

We are all frustrated our team isn't performing -- we root for the same team . Its too bad the team doesn't seem to  have the pissed off attitude of this message board or they would start taking it out on the opposing  teams for a change .. 

It's very inconsistent hitting, lack of sufficient innings by the starters, and bad late innings bullpen work.

Hopefully in 2019, the starters in being back for a year will pitch deeper into games next season; the infusion of young players like Fletcher, Thaiss, and Ward and decreasing Pujols to about 120 games will energize the lineup; and converting Shoe and Meyer to the pen and signing a closer and multi innings guy will address the pen issue.