• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you give up on the team at this point?

Torridd

2 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I cheer for individual accolades at this point. As a team I don't think they have what it takes to chase down even the 2nd wildcard. Perhaps some adjustments at the deadline can change that but at their current rate I don't feel like making a splash will be worth it or make the impact required with the time available.

Did someone say accolade?

Image result for rusev

One could say that regarding the Red Sux vs Halos in 2018, they are saying "Red Sux, CRUUUUSSSHHHHHH!"  

Yes, I do give up on them this season. But that doesnt mean we cant improve for 2019 and 2020 by being sellers at the deadline.

In a way, I am glad that we are out of it for a WC. I was so worried that we would make a foolish trade or two that would marginalize us going forward;  only to have us lose in the WC game.

In terms of watching them, they are still in the watching mix. But there are many other teams to watch that are more entertaining. If you have an MLB.TV subscription and the most basic cord-cutter TV package, you can watch virtually any game you want. There are some teams out there with lots of good, young talent;  Boston, NYY, Braves, Phils, Dodgers, obviously HOU, too. I like watching baseball played with vigor and played well.

Believe the M's just polished off the O's for a four game sweep. A's kept pace, earlier. If we lose, we are now three back of the A's and ten back of Seattle.

It's over, unless you think we can win the last 13 against the M's..

Im not a give up guy until math kicks in. 

My problem with this team right now is that for the first time ever, there are more guys that i am ambivalent about than those that i enjoy watching on a nightly basis.

I honestly think 5 has become one of my least favorite halos ever.  I just cant stand watching a grounder to third get bobbled, kicked, then picked up and he is out by 25 feet.  He single handedly cancels out the joy of watching Trout, Simmons, and Ohtani.  Again, just my .02. 

I guess i got off topic.  Give up?  No.

Even if they were healthy, a best case scenario would have us getting the second wild card, and then doing our usual ankle grabbing for the Yanks or Red Sox. One and done is going to do more harm than good by covering up the shortcomings. 

6 hours ago, Tank said:

Being an older guy who's endured an awful lot of seasons like this, I've reached a point where I no longer live and die with this team. I enjoy baseball and am thankful I get to watch a generational talent like Trout and see the magic of Simmons on a daily basis. I'm also thankful for the chance to see Pujols though I wish he still had some of his brilliance more often. 

Theyre clearly not going anywhere this year but I'll continue to watch because they're my team.

i look forward to them being competitive again.

Same here. Im old enough that ive seen FAR worse than the current. And lioe you, I dont get too down when the team is bad anymore.

To answer the OP, yes, I see no reason to believe they will be in it this year. But Im not too upset because I believe in the very near future we will be a very good team.