• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why would Scioscia return?

36 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Whether Scioscia manages this team or not is way, way down my list of priorities of things to solve for next year.

Top of the rotation quality starting pitching.  Get top heavy.

Quality bullpen with depth.

No more than ONE regular position player that is replacement level.

At least one significant high impact bat added to the lineup.

Resist the temptation to settle for below average performances from regulars just because they were homegrown.

If the Angels can do the above, I probably don't care who manages, within limits.

Other than Calhoun, none of the other low performing position players are homegrown.

Every position player who started  the season except Trout, Simmons, Maldonado, and Oshanti should be traded or released so the Angels can start getting younger.

But the Angels have  had the same short term philosophy for most of my 51 years as a fan so I do not expect them to get younger.

I fully expect most of the best prospects will be packaged in a trade sooner or later, so whomever replaces Scioscia will face the same organizational issues for years to come, with a roster of mostly 30 + veterans whose best days are behind them.

7 hours ago, Dochalo said:

what if he moves into the front office and becomes the VP of baseball operations?  

I have a feeling thats been the idea all along. If not VP, something similar. 

I am convinced hes gone (guys i still talk to say the same), but I also cant see him just totally retiring. I assume he'll have a job, just wont be the manager anymore.

What I mean is I dont want to see three minor leaguers graduate to "fill" holes if they are not going to be better than below average.

I worry about Ward, Thaiss, Hermosillo, etc being spots in the lineup that need to be upgraded in order to contend.

15 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

Every position player who started  the season except Trout, Simmons, Maldonado, and Oshanti should be traded or released so the Angels can start getting younger.

I don't see this as the correct goal.

The goal is to be a better baseball team.  Trying to do that simply by getting younger is misguided.

If the Angels hand over multiple starting jobs to graduating prospects it may lead to being a really bad team that happens to be younger.

The Angels need at least one more high impact offensive player and I personally don't see that need being satisfied with the players likely to be ready to be major leaguers out of the Angel system.

The group closest to being ready do not project to be high impact players.

A package sent to another team or the signing of a significant bat is probably needed.

4 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I don't see this as the correct goal.

The goal is to be a better baseball team.  Trying to do that simply by getting younger is misguided.

If the Angels hand over multiple starting jobs to graduating prospects it may lead to being a really bad team that happens to be younger.

The Angels need at least one more high impact offensive player and I personally don't see that need being satisfied with the players likely to be ready to be major leaguers out of the Angel system.

The group closest to being ready do not project to be high impact players.

A package sent to another team or the signing of a significant bat is probably needed.

Of course the message board solution will always be to make decisions based on the most current negative emotion their brains can recall

1 hour ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

Other than Calhoun, none of the other low performing position players are homegrown.

But the Angels have  had the same short term philosophy for most of my 51 years as a fan so I do not expect them to get younger.

I fully expect most of the best prospects will be packaged in a trade sooner or later, so whomever replaces Scioscia will face the same organizational issues for years to come, with a roster of mostly 30 + veterans whose best days are behind them.

Remember when you said this last year?  I assured you it wouldn’t happen with Eppler.  Not sure why you can’t read the tea leaves on this, but Eppler isn’t that guy.  Also they have been signing these guys on shorter term deals because the farm isn’t ready to produce.  So they sign temporary guys to allow the farm to grow.  

9 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I'm hoping Eppler is refusing to address certain things so that Arte wants Scioscia to walk away. A 13-3 start got me sweating about him potentially returning but after a typical season like this I think its best for all parties involved to go in different directions. I have no personal issue with Scioscia i'm sure he's probably a great guy, I just don't think he's the best person for the job anymore.

#SoshChemTrails

#thetruthisoutthere