• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why would Scioscia return?

Just now, JarsOfClay said:

He would return because no one else wants him. The angels are the only team dumb enough to employ this guy in a managing capacity.

You are absolutely wrong if you think that he wouldn’t be signed by another team the minute he wanted to manage again.  Just stop being this dumb.  JUST STOP IT!!!!!

5 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

He would return because no one else wants him. The angels are the only team dumb enough to employ this guy in a managing capacity.

I agree on 2 fronts...he is overrated as a manager and Jars of Clay is a phenomenal band!

1 minute ago, The Boogie Man said:

You are absolutely wrong if you think that he wouldn’t be signed by another team the minute he wanted to manage again.  Just stop being this dumb.  JUST STOP IT!!!!!

He has rode out the '02 world series as far as it can go, no one cares anymore. His postseason winning pct is a complete joke, and he can't even get a team with a 180m payroll to the playoffs. Who the hell wants that to manage their ballclub?

8 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Security.  Most people here have at one time or another worked a job that maybe wasn't for the best or most profitable company, best boss, etc. but if your position was secure you likely stuck it out until you finally got fed up or if you're older until you hit retirement.

I don't think any of us has the resume of Mike Scioscia. He doesn't need the Angels security.

14 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Yep and he can have most of that pretty much everywhere.  How many more years would he manage?  3 maybe.

Yea, pretty much I suppose. Although I doubt he would be contantly fellatio’d by another owner the way Arte does it. 

I have no clue how long he would be given elsewhere..... just as long as it’s elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

He has rode out the '02 world series as far as it can go, no one cares anymore. His postseason winning pct is a complete joke, and he can't even get a team with a 180m payroll to the playoffs. Who the hell wants that to manage their ballclub?

Dude, I know you are a good guy, but you are ignorant as hell if you don’t think he would be hired and get a lucrative contract.  You are blinded by your dislike of the guy.  

I know you can’t answer this question but what manager takes this team with these injuries and this bullpen to the playoffs?  Because well this is what $167 million team looks like.  By the way, he didn’t sign a single one of these guys to that money.  So once again, how much the players are making has zero to do with him making the playoffs or not.  It is merely something the haters cling to.  

When you look at this roster do you think playoffs?  

When you looked at last years starting rotation of Nolasco, Bridwell, Chavez, Meyers and think playoffs?  

1 minute ago, hangin n wangin said:

Yea, pretty much I suppose. Although I doubt he would be contantly fellatio’d by another owner the way Arte does it. 

I have no clue how long he would be given elsewhere..... just as long as it’s elsewhere.

Yep, he wouldn’t be given nearly as long of a leash elsewhere, that isn’t disputed.  

12 minutes ago, Torridd said:

I don't think any of us has the resume of Mike Scioscia. He doesn't need the Angels security.

Obviously none of us are WS winning coaches but I've come across a lot of very successful people who have done quite well financially and they sure as hell value job security just like most employees.  Having a guaranteed paycheck whether you finish out the year or contract I'd imagine is a pretty good feeling because if things don't work out for whatever reason you're still getting paid.  Does he need security (a paycheck)?  Probably not but that doesn't mean he doesn't want it.  For Scioscia I also think it could be a case of the devil you know because he knows the organization, owner, players and so on.  I have no doubts he could get a job with another organization but doing so means kind of starting over.

1 hour ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I'm hoping Eppler is refusing to address certain things so that Arte wants Scioscia to walk away. A 13-3 start got me sweating about him potentially returning but after a typical season like this I think its best for all parties involved to go in different directions. I have no personal issue with Scioscia i'm sure he's probably a great guy, I just don't think he's the best person for the job anymore.

Let me get this straight.  You are hoping that a professional general manager for a major league baseball team is PURPOSELY MAKING A POOR ROSTER SO THE TEAM WILL LOSE in order for Sosh to get fired?   This might be, might be, one of the top ten dumbest things I've ever read on this forum.  

and AO liked this post?  Good gawd.

Sosh drives me nuts on a weekly basis during the season, but I still think he is a good manager.  The only reason I think the Angels shouldn't bring him back is I feel this team needs new ideas and a new direction.  Things have been the same for so long, it just seems like a change is needed.

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Let me get this straight.  You are hoping that a professional general manager for a major league baseball team is PURPOSELY MAKING A POOR ROSTER SO THE TEAM WILL LOSE in order for Sosh to get fired?   This might be, might be, one of the top ten dumbest things I've ever read on this forum.  

There is no way that is what he meant and if it is then he and AO should never be considered respectable opinions again.  

9 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I didn't say fired, I said not resigned. So far the fire is apparently being put out with 87 octane...so I am not sure how you can think otherwise. You tell me when it looks like any moves are being made to correct course on this season.

So far i'm seeing "wait until next year" when presumably Scioscia wont be with the team.

Just now, Angelsfan1984 said:

Yes that is exactly what I'm insinuating and I didn't say fired, I said not resigned. So far the fire is apparently being put out with 87 octane...so I am not sure how you can think otherwise. You tell me when it looks like any moves are being made to correct course on this season.

Dude, you really can’t be serious?  I can only hope you are saying that tongue in cheek.  If you are serious, I don’t even know what to say.  That would be another opinion to keep away from any resume.

Just now, The Boogie Man said:

Dude, you really can’t be serious?  I can only hope you are saying that tongue in cheek.  If you are serious, I don’t even know what to say.  That would be another opinion to keep away from any resume.

Of course i'm not, LOL. However, Eppler needs to show some sort of movement towards correcting course this season or they are just telling fans they are playing for next year.

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Yes that is exactly what I'm insinuating and I didn't say fired, I said not resigned. So far the fire is apparently being put out with 87 octane...so I am not sure how you can think otherwise. You tell me when it looks like any moves are being made to correct course on this season.

There is also a big difference between knowing what you have and not wasting talent on a sinking ship because you don’t have enough and what you said which was he isn’t improving the team to put Scioscia in a bad light.  Hell I love Eppler, and I don’t want Scioscia back, but if my GM played that game he would be fired.  

1 minute ago, The Boogie Man said:

There is also a big difference between knowing what you have and not wasting talent on a sinking ship because you don’t have enough and what you said which was he isn’t improving the team to put Scioscia in a bad light.  Hell I love Eppler, and I don’t want Scioscia back, but if my GM played that game he would be fired.  

Of course he would. Yes I agree in not wasting talent. From what i'm gathering Epplers long play is to wait out the Scioscia contract. Find his own manager and bring up the youngsters. He isn't building based on current contention. While adding players like he did this year should have yielded better than a .500 record, he didn't address areas of desperate need (bullpen). Yes, saying that he wants scioscia fired is a joke, but no I do believe he will wait out the contract to actually attempt to contend.

Just now, hangin n wangin said:

I rooted for the Lakers to lose so that they could keep their lottery picks and build for the future. But basketball is a totally different game.

The Magic man better come through! The people on PSD are pretty bonerish on Lonzo though. I've seen better shots come out of a stripper with a ping pong ball though.