• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I don't think it is just politics

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/permit-patty-resigns-as-ceo-of-company-after-viral-video-backlash/ar-AAzeme6?li=BBnb7Kz

The lack of civility and people's swift reactions to things isn't just a political issue.  This lady had one bad moment and it cost her the company she started.  

I often wonder if the privacy we say we want goes to others we record and then post on line about.

This lady had one bad moment ... caught on camera.  I kind of doubt this was her only moment like this.

And who makes a fuss about a little kid selling water, or lemonade, or whatever? 

Should she have lots her company over it?  Meh ... not my call.  That's for a board of directors to decide.  Seems extreme, but I can certainly see how this puts them in a bad light and tough position.

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

This lady had one bad moment ... caught on camera.  I kind of doubt this was her only moment like this.

And who makes a fuss about a little kid selling water, or lemonade, or whatever? 

Should she have lots her company over it?  Meh ... not my call.  That's for a board of directors to decide.  Seems extreme, but I can certainly see how this puts them in a bad light and tough position.

Of course, my point is that without the viral video element of this, the issue could have calmed down.  She could have had time to make it right.  I think the immediacy of the internet just makes things worse.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Of course, my point is that without the viral video element of this, the issue could have calmed down.  She could have had time to make it right.  I think the immediacy of the internet just makes things worse.

To play devil's advocate without the viral video element of this maybe the lady would have continued harassing kids for no apparent reason.  This isn't even like the lady was drunk and said something stupid she went out of her way to do something most people would never consider.  I'm not saying the penalty isn't harsh but it could have easily been avoided.

11 minutes ago, Schildog said:

sure patty didn't do anything illegal. however, she's definitely a c*nt. that makes the customers choice to go with other suppliers easy. that's why she's stepped down.

She is that because of one bad day?

You've never had a bad day?  I don't know if she was awful before this or not, but we don't have all of the facts be she has been convicted of what might as well be a crime.  She has lost more than a couple of days in jail.

Who in their right mind even on a bad day would call the cops on some kid just selling water?  My bad days end with me maybe having a beer or two and moving on with my life.  Let's be honest here the question at least on my mind is would she have done this if the little girl was white?  Regardless whether this lady is on her HOA board, in a management position or runs a company doing something stupid in public will reflect poorly on you.  The HOA/company/whatever may not want to deal with the negative blow back and they shouldn't have to if it wasn't something done as an employee under their instruction.       

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Tough crowd.  

No it's a lack of sympathy for people who do something stupid and completely bring it on themselves.  Like arch said she stood there on her phone proudly showing the world she was calling the cops on an 8 year old girl selling water.  It reminds me of TORS talking about how many ridiculous calls he has to go on each day as a cop.  It's a waste of LEO's time, resources and of taxpayer money when people can't act like reasonable adults.  

1 minute ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

No it's a lack of sympathy for people who do something stupid and completely bring it on themselves.  Like arch said she stood there on her phone proudly showing the world she was calling the cops on an 8 year old girl selling water.  It reminds me of TORS talking about how many ridiculous calls he has to go on each day as a cop.  It's a waste of LEO's time, resources and of taxpayer money when people can't act like reasonable adults.  

You've never done something stupid?  Something you are happy most people don't know about?

All I am trying to say is that without modern tech, this lady doesn't lose her company.  She was out of line but I think the response is out of line too.  

Everyone has done something stupid but no I haven't called the cops on a kid selling water, I haven't threatened someone verbally or physically because I'm having a bad day, I haven't chased someone down in my car and tried to fight them because they cut me off and so on.  I'm happy I just missed the FB days because there's a lot of undeveloped disposable cameras of my friends and I at parties I wouldn't want to see online but those were also when I was in college.  I'm over 30 now and like everyone I'm definitely not perfect but unlike some other 30+ year old individuals I don't go out of my way to be an asshole to people or bring negative attention to myself.  I don't disagree with your last two sentences but that's the world we live in and it's no secret so the lady had to know her being an asshole could just maybe backfire especially when someone started recording her.  She did it all with a smile on her face so reap what you sow.    

On 6/27/2018 at 1:40 PM, mtangelsfan said:

Extreme is typical these days.

And thats the problem in a nutshell.  
We all know people are more likely to complain than praise, always been that way, people are also much more likely to go online to post something negative than positive. 
In reading this thread I see a lot of people making assumptions about this person and passing judgement in the harshest of ways over a situation they cant possibly have any knowledge of aside from a quick video that definitely didnt portray her in a positive light.  Do i think she was out of line, yeah, i do, should it cost her her livelihood and career... no.
All i can say to this is that a lot of you better hope noone ever catches your bad moments on camera if this is what you consider justifiable.  

On 7/2/2018 at 11:47 AM, Kurt Swanson said:

People need to start being billed for calling the cops for this kind of stuff.  They have better uses for their service.  You would think seeing all this on social media would make them think, I don't want to be a dumb ass, but no it makes them do it more. 

I think a lot of it is that people want their fifteen minutes of fame.

What do we think of the guy that called the cops because a black was at his community pool ? He just lost his job. 

i don’t know if the guy needed to lose his job.  But he’s a pretty massive asshole.  Hard to feel bad for him.  I mean, I doubt genuine concern for the community was at the heart of his problem with this lady.  

Edited by UndertheHalo