• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is the internet bad for democracy?

2 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

If all of the gas stations refused service to white males because they fit the profile of a Trump supporter, is that okay?

Yes.  It's a horrible business decision, but it's ok. 

I'm all for freedom of religion, but being religious shouldn't give you a license to discriminate against people. I feel the same way about Muslims discriminating against infadels.

Being religious shouldn't give you a license to discriminate against people.  But freedom should.

I'm okay with CNN and MSNBC having a liberal slant, only because there is no monopoly. Fox News has a conservative slant.

I too am ok with freedom of expression.

4 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

1. It is not ok.

2. Freedom comes with responsibility. There is a difference between law and morality. There are many things in life that are legal, but immoral.

3. Me too. 

It is ok, private business should do what it wants.  That is why it is private.  If cake bakers don't want to bake cakes for a gay person, that is their right. If Facebook wants to curtail conservative thought that is their right.

4 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

This is the same argument white people used to make to justify denying service to black people.

Conservatives are second class citizens on the Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.

This is not a restaruant saying "no shoes, no shirt, no service." This is a handful of powerful people stifling political discussion worldwide, which is Un-American, and more importantly, wrong.

It is a private business.  I don't like but I agree with their right to choose how they run it.

Reworded ...

Neocons have successfully made Alex Jones into a sympathetic figure, but only in the eyes of those who already agreed with the tinfoil fantasies he was selling.  Basically, they've made Alex Jones into a sympathetic figure only to themselves.

No doubt they feel congratulations are in order.

8 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I'm glad to hear you don't like it.

These social media giants are not ordinary businesses, however. They are very powerful.

Their censorship of political speech is immoral and irresponsible. The Nazis burned books subversive to their ideology. That's the spirit of the social media giants, even though they are unelected. Sites like Twitter are the public square as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry if I used a Nazi reference against you.

I am not accusing liberals having a desire to put white men in gas chambers, which is what liberals accuse Trump of wanting to do to minorities.

So use your voice to tell everyone they shouldn’t use the platforms. How hard is that?

8 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

I'm glad to hear you don't like it.

These social media giants are not ordinary businesses, however. They are very powerful.

Their censorship of political speech is immoral and irresponsible. The Nazis burned books subversive to their ideology. That's the spirit of the social media giants, even though they are unelected. Sites like Twitter are the public square as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry if I used a Nazi reference against you.

I am not accusing liberals having a desire to put white men in gas chambers, which is what liberals accuse Trump of wanting to do to minorities.

8 hours ago, Lou said:

image.jpeg

and yet your argument devolves into a nazi reference.

you do understand that by doing so Godwin's Law is enacted, right?

This thread went two pages before the Nazi stormtroopers landed so I think Goodwin doesn't really apply.  Now if the Truckster dumped that on the first page you may be right but who doesn't appreciate a good Nazi reference?

Unless it's not about Trump, of course.

22 minutes ago, Blarg said:

This thread went two pages before the Nazi stormtroopers landed so I think Goodwin doesn't really apply.  Now if the Truckster dumped that on the first page you may be right but who doesn't appreciate a good Nazi reference?

Unless it's not about Trump, of course.

Well like any normal storm trooper, backuptruck misses the mark. 

15 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Anyone know how many card-carrying Nazsi, Holocaust deniers, or proud white supremacist are running for public office this election cycle with a D (Democrat) next to their name? 

This admittedly probably has a lot to do with it.

Among other things, this will potentially allow Democrats to run up the score in the House popular vote. If they're winning *contested* districts by e.g. ~7 points, they might win the aggregate popular vote by ~9-10 points because of all the uncontested races.

The Republicans are leaving a vacuum by picking their battles allowing JoeBob to sneak into elections that are considered unwinnable by them. Not that many Republicans aren't those things, but they at least are a bit more subtle about it.

22 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Anyone know how many card-carrying Nazsi, Holocaust deniers, or proud white supremacist are running for public office this election cycle with a D (Democrat) next to their name? 

Pretty much all of them but it's a deep state secret.

39 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I'm not sure, but I think they should be made relief candidates.