• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time to CUT BAIT. Time for the Youngsters to Play

4 hours ago, stanick88 said:

Then why are you even reading a thread that bothers you then

is that a question? I'm reading and posting in this regurgitation of a topic for one simple reason - I want to.

4 hours ago, stanick88 said:

Instead of being sarcastic and asinine, try reserving your comments for meaningful discussions. Others seems to care to respond in a meaningful way

since this is a meaningful discussion, I guess I'm in the right place. 

5 hours ago, TroutField said:

Damn Scioscia just gets to ride this train wreck out? I get that this isn’t his fault exactly but we have gone to the playoffs 1 time since 2010. Where is the accountability? Any other franchise would have shit canned the whole staff 

Maybe you haven't paid attention to the A's.

13 hours ago, stanick88 said:

Valbuena........ Needs to be Cut

Marte............. Needs to be Cut

Akeem Morris.......... Needs to Get Cut

Lamb ...........Needs to be Cut

Pujols............ Needs to have his playing time reduced. 

Then we should let Fletcher get regular starts to see what he is about. 

We need to bring up Ward, Suarez, and Thaiss and give them regular starts and see what they are about ....

May be that will give this team a jump start, as our young prospects can not do worse that what we currently have playing everyday.  

Anything else missing? Anyone else I am missing that needs to be cut? 

That means giving up and I don't think we should.

2 hours ago, Torridd said:

That means giving up and I don't think we should.

I do not agree. I think we are doomed if we keep trotting our the same lineup. Fletcher seems to give us a spark. May be some of the other youngsters could do the same. They can’t play any worse, That is for sure. I know we get some players back from Injury. But we need a spark. 

2 minutes ago, stanick88 said:

I do not agree. I think we are doomed if we keep trotting our the same lineup. Fletcher seems to give us a spark. May be some of the other youngsters could do the same. They can’t play any worse, That is for sure. I know we get some players back from Injury. But we need a spark. 

I agree we need a spark and we can't play with the same lineup. I think Eppler's going to wait to see if Cozart and Ohtani return. If they can't, he'll make some type of outside move.

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

You underestimate this team's suckitude.  It can absolutely play worse.  Don't test them on this.

Hahaha. I would hate to see what it would look like if you are right. I can’t imagine another level of suckitude. That would be complete Blow-A-Tude

6 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Angels will DFA Kinsler by the trade deadline and give Fletcher his opportunity unless the team miraculously wins 20 of their next 30 games. 

That would really, really make me happy.  I mean, really.  Like really happy. Really.

No, its not, but well get there soon enough.   My optimism has died, ill admit it.  

I see it coming down like this, in the next month we post an at best 500 record, likely below, and we sell off a few pieces and the movement begins after the deadline, but its not going to happen before that as they want to at least try to save face, barring a 0-life roadtrip which wouldnt shock me right now, i dont see it happening prior to that. .

The first 2 guys i want to see play daily are Fletcher and JMF.   JMF at 1B over Valbuena since he wont be back next year, try to trade him to someone that needs  a decent backup corner guy, because thats exactly what he is, and hes good in that capacity, not as a regular.   I would see about spinning Kinsler to open 2B for Fletcher, maybe send him to a contender that needs a 2B.

As others have said you let Calhoun play it our every day and decide if he can be fixed, whats the difference at this point when we dont have a better replacement ML ready?   Young is certainly no better and Hermosillo simply doesnt look like he can consistently hit ML pitching.  Why hurt anyone else trade value or development at this point.