• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time to CUT BAIT. Time for the Youngsters to Play

Valbuena........ Needs to be Cut

Marte............. Needs to be Cut

Akeem Morris.......... Needs to Get Cut

Lamb ...........Needs to be Cut

Pujols............ Needs to have his playing time reduced. 

Then we should let Fletcher get regular starts to see what he is about. 

We need to bring up Ward, Suarez, and Thaiss and give them regular starts and see what they are about ....

May be that will give this team a jump start, as our young prospects can not do worse that what we currently have playing everyday.  

Anything else missing? Anyone else I am missing that needs to be cut? 

Two of my focus areas are:  1) playing Hermosillo and Fletcher and see what they have, and 2) more of a 2019 focus and assuming Ohtani can DH 80 games, is to have both Pujols (40 games 1B, 80 games DH) and Thaiss (120 games 1B) play about 120 games each in 2019.   That is a good wind down to Pujols' career, and then it will be time for him to retire and get his remaining two years salary spread out over say 7-8 years.

22 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Two of my focus areas are:  1) playing Hermosillo and Fletcher and see what they have, and 2) more of a 2019 focus and assuming Ohtani can DH 80 games, is to have both Pujols (40 games 1B, 80 games DH) and Thaiss (120 games 1B) play about 120 games each in 2019.   That is a good wind down to Pujols' career, and then it will be time for him to retire and get his remaining two years salary spread out over say 7-8 years.

Why in the world would they play Hermosillo over Calhoun on a regular basis 

3 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Because HMO might be able to hit over .200?

Anyway, it's too soon to play the farm. Wait three weeks to see where we are. They would still get 2.5 months to prove themselves.

Angels are heavily invested into Calhoun ... he needs to finish the year strong and maybe they can trade him for value during the off-season. 

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

The 145th thread about this deserves an appropriate response. 

Then why are you even reading a thread that bothers you then. Instead of being sarcastic and asinine, try reserving your comments for meaningful discussions. Others seems to care to respond in a meaningful way. That is the purpose of this forum; To discuss angels baseball.  

14 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Angels are heavily invested into Calhoun ... he needs to finish the year strong and maybe they can trade him for value during the off-season. 

I guess that's about our only hope with him. His offensive numbers have been trending down for a while. 

Only committed to 11 mil with Kole, not counting this year's salary. That's not a terrible amount.

30 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I just don’t get “heavily invested”....if you suck, you shouldn’t play, period...the fact that he came up through the system shouldn’t matter...

Just now, Troll Daddy said:

I not surprised 

Uh hes not wrong.  I am in favor of having Kole start every game, but he certainly hasn't earned it this year.  He has earned a demotion to AAA.  You know this, but you probably won't admit it.  The problem is we have no one better.  I want Kole to start every day to know whether or not to bring him back next year or look outside the organization for his replacement.  

2 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Uh hes not wrong.  I am in favor of having Kole start every game, but he certainly hasn't earned it this year.  He has earned a demotion to AAA.  You know this, but you probably won't admit it.  The problem is we have no one better.  I want Kole to start every day to know whether or not to bring him back next year or look outside the organization for his replacement.  

That’s what I was referring too ...  glad somebody gets it

7 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Damn Scioscia just gets to ride this train wreck out? I get that this isn’t his fault exactly but we have gone to the playoffs 1 time since 2010. Where is the accountability? Any other franchise would have shit canned the whole staff 

No, they wouldn’t have.  They wouldn’t fire a manager that has been here for 19 years because the team isn’t great.  

You know what I think? I think our second best player is injured. I think we've been plagued by injuries for several seasons.

I think we're slogged down by Albert's contract for years, on top of others. 

I think our farm system was depleted years ago, after being arguably one of the best in the league the decade before, which sadly didn't result in a world championship.

I think Scioscia's bad decisions this year don't mean shit. 

I think that our current situation is more a culmination of a decade of unfortunate or outright poor personal decisions. 

I think I've been an avid Angel's fan for close to fifteen years. I've seen us suck, and I've seen us kick ass. 

I think this is just another year that we suck.