• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anderson! Why his he being asked to throws so many sliders?when he has such a good Fastball.

51 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Because he has no clue where his fastball is going. He can locate and has better command of his slider rather than his fastball 

Lol, it is certainly easy for him to locate it. He just needs to look about 400 feet behind him in the outfield stands where dozens of souvenir hunters are scrambling for it.

Because it’s a swing and miss pitch while his fastball is straight and appears to have very little movement.  He also doesn’t appear to know where it’s going.  Just watch how often Briceno had to stab at the ball because he was missing his target at 98.

He obviously needs to learn how to pitch to where the target is.

He can get around the movement issue by being like Washburn was, pitch it to all parts of the plate.

This is on Billy, and Billy only, for doing nothing in the off- season to improve the pen.   A nearly washed up Johnson being the ONLY acquisition is not a solution.

Lesson learned, Billy?

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Like others in this blowpen, he's simply not ready for prime time.

It's just a bad bullpen full of pitchers who don't belong here. 

Ramirez, Alvarez, Parker, and the man formerly known as BadRock are MLB relievers.   Problem is, none of the others do belong, AND none of the aforementioned aside from maybe Parker is a late innings guy.

Even when Middleton returns in the latter part of 2019, he also has too straight heat issues, although he at least knows where it is going.

He over-corrects too much on his FB, its either obviously out of the zone, or way in on the plate. Even if you throw 99 if you can't control it, or if it doesn't have any late movement then it makes the ball hit harder/farther. He has better command of his slider than his FB, but he isn't ready to be put into these situations yet. He needs more time to develop.

I don’t know.  I think we should all leave it to the literal pros to judge  pick selection . 

I’ll say this about Anderson.  I like him a lot.  He’s a bit wild but he’s got a nice repertoire of pitches.  Very good power stuff.  He seems to have a very good head on his shoulders for this.  The guy is a rookie that shot into a pretty important place on the team very quickly.  Out of necessity but also because he’s been pretty damn good.  He F*ck*ed up last night.  The offense sucks ass and either scores 8 runs in a game or 2.    Often 2.  Anderson shouldn’t be in this role right now.  I think he’s a good piece going forward tho.  I’m high on him. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t know.  I think we should all leave it to the literal pros to judge  pick selection . 

I’ll say this about Anderson.  I like him a lot.  He’s a bit wild but he’s got a nice repertoire of pitches.  Very good power stuff.  He seems to have a very good head on his shoulders for this.  The guy is a rookie that shot into a pretty important place on the team very quickly.  Out of necessity but also because he’s been pretty damn good.  He F*ck*ed up last night.  The offense sucks ass and either scores 8 runs in a game or 2.    Often 2.  Anderson shouldn’t be in this role right now.  I think he’s a good piece going forward tho.  I’m high on him. 

When we face a pitcher on a good night, the offense is going to score low, thats just the game.  a dominant pitcher on any given night when things click will shut you down.  
Thats when the pitchers and the bullpen need to step up.  Barria was great, again, did his job, and the pen let another one get away.
Its the one constant this season, bad bullpen made of of cast offs, waiver claims other teams didnt want, and partially clean peanuts. 

33 minutes ago, floplag said:

When we face a pitcher on a good night, the offense is going to score low, thats just the game.  a dominant pitcher on any given night when things click will shut you down.  
Thats when the pitchers and the bullpen need to step up.  Barria was great, again, did his job, and the pen let another one get away.
Its the one constant this season, bad bullpen made of of cast offs, waiver claims other teams didnt want, and partially clean peanuts. 

Weird how so many of these guys have good nights against us. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 hours ago, John Taylor said:

He over-corrects too much on his FB, its either obviously out of the zone, or way in on the plate. Even if you throw 99 if you can't control it, or if it doesn't have any late movement then it makes the ball hit harder/farther. He has better command of his slider than his FB, but he isn't ready to be put into these situations yet. He needs more time to develop.

Agreed. Hes a guy who could use more fine tuning in the minors. Problem is we need someone at the big league level, and we have no better options