• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LA Times: Owner Arte Moreno willing to take blame for Angels' slow start

Could it be that through the seemingly kid gloves treatment that Hamilton has gotten since 2007, that maybe he doesn't feel the urgency to perform that a player would normally feel?   That he's already achieved what he wanted to achieve, and now everything else is just gravy? 

The statements he's given out since coming here, especially the past month, seem to be heading in that direction.

Thanks Arte.  At the end of the day, it is your money.  I am simply along for the ride. I hope the Angels can someday find a balance between Stoneman's conservative approach and Dipoto's creativity.

Evidence?

Considering how much the Dodgers got I actually highly doubt signing Pujols had anything to do with the TV deal.

I'm sure you followed the stories when it happened. This was talked about a lot then. You seriously don't remember this?

Could it be that through the seemingly kid gloves treatment that Hamilton has gotten since 2007, that maybe he doesn't feel the urgency to perform that a player would normally feel?   That he's already achieved what he wanted to achieve, and now everything else is just gravy? 

The statements he's given out since coming here, especially the past month, seem to be heading in that direction.

no

Lol @ Arte willing to take the blame for the Angels slow start.

Translation; Well fans I just got a great TV deal and made tons of money so I overpaid Pujols, Wilson, Hamilton and with the help of my trusty GM signed a bunch of garbage pitchers. Mike Scioscia is safe because it will cost me too much to fire him. We are just below the luxury tax so I won't be giving Dipoto anymore money and he now has to be a creative GM and fix my mess. My fault, everyone is safe because the TV deal makes it all good. We thank you for your support and enjoy the bobbleheads.

Arte isn't and hasn't been playing the part of GM. He has the final say in all deals. He believes in a business family philosophy that extends from the field to the front office. He likes to get involved in the wooing of big FA because he feels it's a good marketing method to sell his organization as a good destination. He does not force the hand of the GM or dictate what players to sign. All he is saying here is, he's the owner and ultimately the buck stops at his desk. 

Everything I read on the subject said that Moreno signed Hamilton on his own, without his figurehead GM.