• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The perception that the bottom of our lineup is bad

4 hours ago, DJO said:

I've often wondered about other Angel fans feeling about the Jose Guillen fiasco . Or do we call it a debacle ?   

He gets thrown at repeated as does Vlad - and our pitching staff doesn't back them up .  Guillen confronted a few Angel starters and they did nothing . Went to Fat Mike who told him - yea thats not our thing to retaliate .  

Its such a Gandhi-esque  like approach - I didn't realize Mike was such a pacifist - of course he was the ONLY manager who would take that stance - I can't think of one other manager who told his staff to stand off ..On the record of course -we don't retaliate but in actuality ??   It was the first time I began disliking the way he managed .  Its off the point so forgive me - just my two cents .

Guillen threw his helmet after another HBP - the helmet was thrown too hard and reached the dugout and Mike ..

So the team votes him off and we look like shit in the playoffs - but wow -point well made - nobody is better than the team - and Mike you have not done anything since - and we sucked in the playoffs and missed Guillens offense - but I think we all learned a very valuable lesson from our Fat hypocrite manager . The Dodgers staff never purposely plunked batters in his catching days . 

Ok -enough of my rant 

Guillen could have played in the boston series and it wouldnt have mattered. As much as we missed his bat, we missed salmons just as much. Glaus wasnt ready to come back, either.

Yeah, guillen could hit. His problem was bigger than you are making it out to be.

As you said in your own post, the team voted him off the island. Not "fat mike"...

9 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

It's the leadoff and middle of the order that's the problem.

1st and 4th.  

Moving the same personnel around doesn't do much though.  based on our current stats and order, we should have about 384 runs and we have 378.  If the lineup was perfectly optimized, we'd have about 390.  And that doesn't take into account multiple factors.  The book says that if our leadoff guy had an obp .320 and if all else were the same, we'd have scored about 10 more runs.  

A little something for @Troll Daddy.   Yunel Escobar's 2017 out of the leadoff spot would add tremendous value to this team.