• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Extended invitation to my annual Riverfloat party

Chuck

Hey guys, this year I'll be hosting my 10th Riverfloat party.

We've had several members of our website join in the past, but this is the last big one (smaller ones in the future). 

If you'd like to come up, here's all the details you need. We average around 80-200 people every year. 

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-riverfloat-18-party-10th-anniversary-tickets-45632463928

image.png

DESCRIPTION

The date for Riverfloat '18 is set, so purchase your tickets today for the 10th anniversary party on Saturday, July 7th. Ticket sales close on July 2nd.

Rumble Underground will be covering all of your favorite classic rock songs from the 60's/70's/80's/90's, including some hits from this past decade.

There will be food served of BBQ variety (menu will be posted at a later time). Note: There will be a vegan option!

Bus service will be provided back to the party location after the 5-hour float which starts at the property in which the party will be held.

Late night outdoor Karoake will be available on the stage which overlooks the Snoqualmie River.

Camping space (limited to first come first serve) will be available for those who wish to stay over. Sleeping bags, tents, RV's and rooms are not available.

Also as a bonus we will have UFC 226 - MIOCIC VS CORMIER on the big screen inside.

Required to bring:

If you're floating, a robust floatation device (we recommend a high quality river raft, kayak or innertube. Tire innertubes from Les Schwab are great). If you bring a cheap store bought innertube, pizza slice or pool chase lounge it will pop at some point on the float.

Life Vest (King County Law to wear during the float).

Recommended to bring:

Water Shoes

Chairs

Ice Chest of water, drinks (BYOB)

Sunscreen & Sunglasses

Towels

Note: The address of the event will be posted for directions once ticket sales have been closed.

I can name six artists who have consistently (using that term relatively because some artists don't release stuff very often) released music that I truly have enjoyed this last decade:

Muse

Radiohead

A Perfect Circle

Mastodon

Dream Theater

Florence & the Machine

I would add Porcupine Tree to the list but they haven't released anything since 2011(?), and Steven Wilson's solo stuff is hit or miss.

15 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

There were some hits from this past decade?

I think the only GOOD hits since the 90s, continue to be bong hits.

Remember when music was good and marijuana was illegal. Now, music is bad and marijuana is legal.

Nothing runs smoothing in the 21st Century.

11 minutes ago, Blarg said:

As usual, Chuck, your river float is during my peak business months so another no show for me. Unfortunately the months I could go the water temperature is near freezing. 

Well it's still cold, but the warm weather and booze help. 

Sure is hard trying to find the little guy after jumping outta that river when you gotta puss though.

Chuck promises that you probably won't get attacked by a cougar....

...well the animal. He makes no guarantees about drunken horny older ladies.

In all seriousness I wish I could come this year but I will be shepherding visiting family around Montucky through that weekend, although I could totally fool them because your part of Washington is damn beautiful, and could pass for Montana.

3 hours ago, Griffey's Corner said:

It looks like a lot of fun. That is awesome of you to invite members from here.

One thing that really impresses me about Chuck is that he has this uncanny ability to treat everyone like a longtime friend. Even the weirdos like us who troll his message board. It's a personality trait I wish I had. Also he could most likely kick the crap out of anyone of who gets out of line, the dude is jacked.