• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Targets : Mets and Orioles

Mets are looking to trade off a few guys on there rosters, Guys like Degrom, Thor, and  Famillia 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/06/mets-trade-rumors-jacob-degrom-noah-syndergaard-jeurys-familia.html

Out of the entire list of names, these are two guys that we may need;

1. Famillia- Lock down closer that we need, final year of contract.

2. This maybe a surprise, but Wheeler could be a unique get for us. He's had his far share of injuries and his numbers do not look ideal, but he still has the upside and another year of control. He has pitched much better of late and his FIP and Xfip suggest he can be 4/5 or at-least a 3 with our defense. If we can get him, either start him and if he struggles or  is injured, put him in the Bp and hope he becomes an weapon. He still has his mid 90s FB and a plus breaking ball and its could be worth the risk of acquiring him. 

Trade Pieces:

1. Castiilo- with how Canning and Suarez have pitched,  Castillo is trade-able. He could be a potential 4/5 in the near future and if he can develop a quality 3rd pitch could be a Barria type of pitcher

2. Hermosillo/ Lund / Luis Pena

3. Few lower level prospects with high Upside- (Yan, Aquino....ETC )

The Orioles are in the same place as the Mets

Britton or O Day are two pieces to consider ,  Britton is the guy i would trade for and cost should not be much.

SO having a Bp of:

6th- Anderson 

7th- Parker

8th- Britton

9th- Famillia

can be a lock down Bp!!

18 minutes ago, Ohtani&Trout said:

I would love for the Angels to get Syndergaard. He's still under club control for another 3 years after this year. He's someone I'd include Adell in a trade for.

Adell will not be traded. They were just saying the other day that he is a franchise player down the line. Marsh, Jones plus a couple more could be a decent package but the Mets would want more and Eppler isn’t willing to do that. 

19 minutes ago, Ohtani&Trout said:

I would love for the Angels to get Syndergaard. He's still under club control for another 3 years after this year. He's someone I'd include Adell in a trade for.

I don't trust his arm holding up.

I would rather trade for Degrom. 

But I would not Trade Adell, him and canning are the the untouchables in our system.

1 hour ago, TroutField said:

Adell will not be traded. They were just saying the other day that he is a franchise player down the line. Marsh, Jones plus a couple more could be a decent package but the Mets would want more and Eppler isn’t willing to do that. 

He’s a huge injury risk (Thor)

id throw that in the Negotiations 

3 minutes ago, nando714 said:

He’s a huge injury risk (Thor)

id throw that in the Negotiations 

Degrom and Familia for Marsh, Jones, And Suarez would be pretty solid for both teams, Mets need to rebuild badly and Marsh and Jones should be major league ready in 3-5 years. Angels badly need a back end of the bullpen arm and top of the rotation pitcher. 

Just a thought, if we are serious about contending and the Angels jump back into the race. We have Fletcher and Rengifo to lock down 2nd in the future. We have plenty of OF depth in the minors making Marsh expendable. Suarez would hurt the pitching future pitching depth but Degrom would solidify the rotation. 

9 hours ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

How about we just put Richards and Tropeano in the 'pen.

The rotation could be Skaggs, Heaney, Barria, Lamb, Pena

Closer: Richards

Setup: Alvarez, Anderson, Parker

Middle: Tropeano, Ramirez

Mop-up: Bedrosian, Morris, Jewell, etc.

Wait for free agency to pick up relievers.

Really Lamb and Pena, Rather stick with Richards and Tropeano and put Pena in The Bp while having Lamb in AAA as insurance. 

10 hours ago, TroutField said:

Degrom and Familia for Marsh, Jones, And Suarez would be pretty solid for both teams, Mets need to rebuild badly and Marsh and Jones should be major league ready in 3-5 years. Angels badly need a back end of the bullpen arm and top of the rotation pitcher. 

Just a thought, if we are serious about contending and the Angels jump back into the race. We have Fletcher and Rengifo to lock down 2nd in the future. We have plenty of OF depth in the minors making Marsh expendable. Suarez would hurt the pitching future pitching depth but Degrom would solidify the rotation. 

The asking price for Degrom is really high, We could easily get wheeler and Famillia for a lesser price.  

The Angels can trade anyone not named Adell, Canning and Suarez and I’m fine with it.

Marsh hasn’t shown the ability to stay healthy and I’ve soured on Jones. I also doubt other clubs see Jones as much of a “piece” in a trade. 

I would like to keep Thiass as well but you have to give in order to receive so if he must go that’s ok but we better be getting something good in return. Thiass could very well be our 1B next season if they’re willing to cut ties with Albert. 

Regardless, what we got going on now isn’t working so hopefully they make a move or six.

On 6/20/2018 at 11:58 AM, Vlad27Trout27 said:

The asking price for Degrom is really high, We could easily get wheeler and Famillia for a lesser price.  

Outrageous asking price for deGrom and Thor. We don’t want to give up what they are looking for. Yanks and the Braves have the pieces to give up without emptying the farm, but Mets won’t trade in tbe division or across town.

On 6/19/2018 at 8:30 PM, TroutField said:

I don't see why Adell would be untouchable for the right kind of player. As impressive as Adell has been,  he still has an unsightly 33/6 K/BB at High A and strikes out a lot (not saying this can't or won't improve, but he's hardly untouchable). An untouchable prospect to me is someone like Ohtani, Acuna, Vlad Guerrero Jr. etc. I don't think Adell is in that category.

18 hours ago, Ohtani&Trout said:

I don't see why Adell would be untouchable for the right kind of player. As impressive as Adell has been,  he still has an unsightly 33/6 K/BB at High A and strikes out a lot (not saying this can't or won't improve, but he's hardly untouchable). An untouchable prospect to me is someone like Ohtani, Acuna, Vlad Guerrero Jr. etc. I don't think Adell is in that category.

His upside is tremendous, he can possibly be a top 10 prospects by the end of this year. I think the game has changed to the point where strike-outs are part of the game, wouldn't really worry about his BB rate as of yet, they'll improve once he moves up. Look at Marsh and Jone's BB rate, for both guys they are career best.