• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Deadspin: Mike Trout doesn't deserve this sh*&

nate

11 minutes ago, floplag said:

Valuable?  How many guys make it to the show and are anything more than average guys at best?  How many have we developed?  How many that we all here thought were cant miss, did exactly that?   WE both know the number is much more in my favor on that argument, especially talking about lower tier guys that never cracked the top 10.
Did it ever occur to you that trade might BE their value?
Youre betting on the come and certain youll hit that inside straight when the odds say you wont.

Of course I have considered that that is what their value is, which is why I wouldn’t trade them for a 3.5 month rental.  Package them for a piece that will be here for 2 plus years.  Not sure why you can’t see that that is what I have been saying other than you want to be right and paint me in a picture where I am wrong.  I have said it more than once, yet you pretend to have me talking about not trading Adell.  

Just now, hangin n wangin said:

I don't want to imagine it, but yea you would think his numbers would be more ridiculous than they already are, which is nuts.

I wonder if Mike Trout ever thinks about that kinda stuff and championships. It has to be on his mind that he may be wasting some good years that could’ve brought him some rings. 

3 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

They absolutely have to put a better product on the field the last two years of his contract if they want to keep him. I don't know how anyone can deny that. 

The good news is, it's looking like we'll be better next year and especially 2020

How does it look like we will be better next year? We need 6 position players and pitchers galore

3 minutes ago, Barrett said:

How does it look like we will be better next year? We need 6 position players and pitchers galore

The farm system is in better shape than it has been since Trout was 18 years old. 

Also, this team has a lot of money to spend this offseason.

You really don't think they're in position to be better next year?

They need to stop wasting money on mediocre position players and start filling holes with cheap young guys. Having a guy like Valbuena making 8 million when that could have been allocated to a reliever or two is just brutal. Use that savings on pitching

Just now, GrittyVeterans said:

The farm system is in better shape than it has been since Trout was 18 years old. 

Also, this team has a lot of money to spend this offseason.

You really don't think they're in position to be better next year?

I don't know. I thought they would be better this season. I don't know who's ready to come up. People keep telling me there's no one in the minor leagues who can hit better than Pujols in the DH/1st baseman position. We have awful Cozart which was a bad signing so far from Eppler. His lack of a bullpen. The starting pitchers can't go more than 5 innings and that's even stretching it. We have 6 guys in the line up who shouldn't be on a major league roster who are starting for us. So the farm is better... that's great for the farm what's going on with the big league club is unacceptable. 

2 minutes ago, Barrett said:

I don't know. I thought they would be better this season. I don't know who's ready to come up. People keep telling me there's no one in the minor leagues who can hit better than Pujols in the DH/1st baseman position. We have awful Cozart which was a bad signing so far from Eppler. His lack of a bullpen. The starting pitchers can't go more than 5 innings and that's even stretching it. We have 6 guys in the line up who shouldn't be on a major league roster who are starting for us. So the farm is better... that's great for the farm what's going on with the big league club is unacceptable. 

If you don't think having a solid farm will help the Major League club in the next.2 seasons then you're just being dramatic. That's the whole point of building from within. 

What's going on with the big league club RIGHT NOW is unacceptable, I totally agree. They have one of the best players of all time and are still hilariously mediocre at best. But this discussion is about next year, and IMO they are well positioned with assets and financial resources to improve quite a bit. Eppler just needs to execute now.

Just now, Barrett said:

No one has said there is no one that can hit better than Albert in over a year.  We are middle of the pack for starters innings.  You exaggerate who should and shouldn’t be on a major league roster.  On our major league team if you want to argue Albert should no longer be playing, ok, Chris Young, ok, Valbuena ok.  But the rest of are major league players.  

Just now, The Boogie Man said:

No one has said there is no one that can hit better than Albert in over a year.  We are middle of the pack for starters innings.  You exaggerate who should and shouldn’t be on a major league roster.  On our major league team if you want to argue Albert should no longer be playing, ok, Chris Young, ok, Valbuena ok.  But the rest of are major league players.  

Let's go with just last nights game for an example. Those are just examples of their OBP their batting averages are even worse obviously. That's surrounding the greatest player in the game today and of our generation.

Kinsler OBP 287

Pujols OBP 285

Fernandez OBP 276 I get it he just got up here and will give him more time than just 9 games. 

Valbuena OBP 268

Maldonado OBP 292

Calhoun OBP 202

Young OBP 275

Just now, Barrett said:

Let's go with just last nights game for an example. Those are just examples of their OBP their batting averages are even worse obviously. That's surrounding the greatest player in the game today and of our generation.

Kinsler OBP 287

Pujols OBP 285

Fernandez OBP 276 I get it he just got up here and will give him more time than just 9 games. 

Valbuena OBP 268

Maldonado OBP 292

Calhoun OBP 202

Young OBP 275

And?  

5 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

If you don't think having a solid farm will help the Major League club in the next.2 seasons then you're just being dramatic. That's the whole point of building from within. 

What's going on with the big league club RIGHT NOW is unacceptable, I totally agree. They have one of the best players of all time and are still hilariously mediocre at best. But this discussion is about next year, and IMO they are well positioned with assets and financial resources to improve quite a bit. Eppler just needs to execute now.

My point is if Eppler can't figure it out by now with the offense. This team has his stamp on it, other than Trout Pujols and Calhoun he has his finger print on every guy in this line up and the guy's he has brought in to hit have not done so that's on him.

Just now, Barrett said:

If you don't have even a OBP over 300 you probably shouldn't be on a MLB roster. 

Go right ahead and believe that.  I already gave you the few that I feel are fairly criticized.  If you are the GM that is willing to dump a guy like Kole or Kinsler this early on, good luck signing a single valuable free agent.  Kole may never find his swing again, but it is too early to give up on him.  Kinsler started very slow, also was on the DL and the last few weeks has been a very solid major league second baseman.  

9 minutes ago, Barrett said:

Kinsler OBP 287

Pujols OBP 285

Valbuena OBP 268

Maldonado OBP 292

Calhoun OBP 202

Young OBP 275

Kinsler, Young, Valbuena won't be here next year, so who cares? Regardless, Kinsler isn't even that bad. He's not great, he's average. He's at 1.2 WAR in 60 games. That's about a 3 WAR pace per 162 games.His OPS+ is the exact same as it was for Detroit last season. Hasn't been that bad of a move by Eppler. The other two will be out of the league this time next year. They're terrible

I've been saying for a while they need to upgrade the catcher position with someone who hits more, agree there. Pujols needs to be replaced by Thaiss next year. 

The Calhoun situation just sucks. Hope he turns it around, but Adell should be ready by August next year hopefully

Just now, The Boogie Man said:

Go right ahead and believe that.  I already gave you the few that I feel are fairly criticized.  If you are the GM that is willing to dump a guy like Kole or Kinsler this early on, good luck signing a single valuable free agent.  Kole may never find his swing again, but it is too early to give up on him.  Kinsler started very slow, also was on the DL and the last few weeks has been a very solid major league second baseman.  

Good luck signing a valuable free agent? Free agents will sign where they will be given the most money. If you have a below 200 batting average and you expect to continue to play that's idiotic. 

1 minute ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Kinsler, Young, Valbuena won't be here next year, so who cares?

I've been saying for a while they need to upgrade the catcher position with someone who hits more, agree there. Pujols needs to be replaced by Thaiss next year. 

The Calhoun situation just sucks. Hope he turns it around, but Adell should be ready by August next year hopefully

Who cares I care, those are all Eppler guys and none of them have worked out. Other than Upton no bats that he has signed or traded for have worked out. 

17 minutes ago, Barrett said:

I'm sure five years ago that was the Astros fans perception. 

Just now, Blarg said:

I'm sure five years ago that was the Astros fans perception. 

Everyone's complaining that Mike S hasn't gotten the Angels to the playoffs in so long but since Eppler has been here he hasn't gotten him to the playoffs either. The name of the game is playoffs and winning games. We aren't doing that and it isn't just on Mike S it's on Eppler as well. 

44 minutes ago, True Grich said:

This is just one guy's opinion... and opinions are like a-holes... everyone has one.  The difference for me is that when I want to hear from a-hole, I just fart.

So many people think they know what Mike Trout is thinking or what he's going to do.  They're all just passing gas.  They don't even know the color of their own poop - let alone what Trout is thinking or going to do.

I remember the talk before Trout signed his first extension...  a lot of people thought he wouldn't do that one either.  None of us know jack.

and yet, we'll continue to have these threads two or three times a week for the next two and half years.