• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Deadspin: Mike Trout doesn't deserve this sh*&

nate

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

And they are right.
We know it, he knows it, right now we have zero chance of keeping him and should consider our options if were conceding the immediate future of the next couple years.

Zero percent chance of keeping him?  Um ok.  I also haven’t seen a single indication that we are conceding the immediate future of the next couple years.  

This is fan projection.

Reading the article just makes me think even how more ridiculous Trout is as a player.  That aside if you look at the playoffs the previous 3 years no team in the AL was in the playoffs all 3 years while the Dodgers/Cubs made it in the NL.  If we include 2014 only the Dodgers in either league made the playoffs the previous 4 years and they don't have any rings to show for it.  I just find it hard to say that a team or franchise who spends money and makes trades in an attempt to be competitive is wasting a players season.  There's no for sure thing in sports just like the rest of life.  That said Trout is signed through 2020 and depending on how competitive the Angels are at the deadline next season and whether or not there's an extension discussed they may have to think about moving him.  Really hoping it doesn't come to that because even though I'm an Angels fan first and foremost he's been the main reason to watch.

29 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Zero percent chance of keeping him?  Um ok.  I also haven’t seen a single indication that we are conceding the immediate future of the next couple years.  

This is fan projection.

Do you just copy paste that lame ass shit?  Youve said it at least half a dozen time almost verbatim. 
Also, you are wrong, Trout himself has said, and made very clear, that he wants playoff baseball.  
And the indications are as obvious as can be, you are simply ignoring them. This last off season almost every part we could have wanted was there, we could have addressed 1B, we could have addressed the pen, we could have done a lot of things, we didnt.  What more do you need, a press conference? 

10 minutes ago, Adam said:

2019 might be the most important season in the history of the team

This is true. At some point the mediocrity needs to end and we have to put a really, really good season together and play good playoff baseball before Trout's contract expires. If we can do that, while still developing the young guys, then it will help our cause in resigning Trout.

If the Angels can't do that, then it becomes very scary the closer we get to the end of Trout's contract. That would be a lot of years to be on a team with out having a true shot at competing, all while putting up ridiculous HOF numbers. 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

Do you just copy paste that lame ass shit?  Youve said it at least half a dozen time almost verbatim. 
Also, you are wrong, Trout himself has said, and made very clear, that he wants playoff baseball.  
And the indications are as obvious as can be, you are simply ignoring them. This last off season almost every part we could have wanted was there, we could have addressed 1B, we could have addressed the pen, we could have done a lot of things, we didnt.  What more do you need, a press conference? 

Yes, I will need a helluva lot more than you saying we have zero percent chance.  He wants to win, who the fuck doesn’t, seriously?  Even if he didn’t care about winning and wanted to make the most amount of money as he could he would say he wants to win.  The team has a plan, whether it works or not is another thing.  All those parts that were available in the offseason, well Eppler didn’t value them, simple as that.  Was he wrong, maybe.   What won’t help the team in trying to retain Trout is getting rentals while mortgaging the future to do it.  Now you will say you never said mortgage the future.  Well part of what makes a farm great is having depth of prospects.  Herrera would have helped, but he isn’t enough.  I have no idea what the Nats farm is like, but if it is anything like ours, those prospects are valuable.  

2 minutes ago, REDneck said:

When do we trade him if he doesnt want to extend?

We are planning to be in contention in 2019/2020

The only thing worse than losing him is losing him with no compensation.

We need his permission to trade him. Isn’t this fun? The player has control over the entire process. I love no trade clauses.

This is just one guy's opinion... and opinions are like a-holes... everyone has one.  The difference for me is that when I want to hear from a-hole, I just fart.

So many people think they know what Mike Trout is thinking or what he's going to do.  They're all just passing gas.  They don't even know the color of their own poop - let alone what Trout is thinking or going to do.

I remember the talk before Trout signed his first extension...  a lot of people thought he wouldn't do that one either.  None of us know jack.

7 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

Yes, I will need a helluva lot more than you saying we have zero percent chance.  He wants to win, who the F*ck doesn’t, seriously?  Even if he didn’t care about winning and wanted to make the most amount of money as he could he would say he wants to win.  The team has a plan, whether it works or not is another thing.  All those parts that were available in the offseason, well Eppler didn’t value them, simple as that.  Was he wrong, maybe.   What won’t help the team in trying to retain Trout is getting rentals while mortgaging the future to do it.  Now you will say you never said mortgage the future.  Well part of what makes a farm great is having depth of prospects.  Herrera would have helped, but he isn’t enough.  I have no idea what the Nats farm is like, but if it is anything like ours, those prospects are valuable.  

Valuable?  How many guys make it to the show and are anything more than average guys at best?  How many have we developed?  How many that we all here thought were cant miss, did exactly that?   WE both know the number is much more in my favor on that argument, especially talking about lower tier guys that never cracked the top 10.
Did it ever occur to you that trade might BE their value?
Youre betting on the come and certain youll hit that inside straight when the odds say you wont.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that the Yankees adding Trout to their roster will pretty much insure a dynasty in the Bronx, or at least playoff appearances year after year, especially if they sign him directly from free agency and not as a result of a trade.

Trout, Judge, Stanton, Sanchez, Torres: the 21st century Murderer's Row.

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that the Yankees adding Trout to their roster will pretty much insure a dynasty in the Bronx, or at least playoff appearances year after year, especially if they sign him directly from free agency and not as a result of a trade.

Trout hitting in that bandbox? holy gizz.

6 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Don't forget harper

32 minutes ago, Adam said:

2019 might be the most important season in the history of the team

I don't know if it's the most important season but yes it's important. But why are we waiting till 2019 to put an actual good team on the field. This year if you took Trout off the Angels their offense looks putrid. They have 6 guys in the starting line up with an OBP under 300 and 5 guys with a SLG under 400 this isn't a good team and we shouldn't be wasting Trout's prime like this. I am not a huge fan of going all in on free agency but this is honestly the best we could do?